Up Up and away ? and do you know that I'm a VIP Flyer

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 31, 2015
Don't turn around . . . .
A flight from PNS is only going to DFW/MIA/CLT on AA. And EVERY single flight is an Express jet - which do have more significant weight and balance limits than the bigger jets.

The true story most likely is that they took people off - and then they had Concierge Key folks who needed on the plane - they do that all the time - take off 6 people - camouflage that you are taking off 2 people in preferred seats - then let the 4 of the 6 back on depending on your fare class or elite status . . . .then no one is really the wiser - except for people like Sam Champion who was paying attention. . . .

Reactions: AAGK and George M
Aug 28, 2015
New York
Sam Champion is blasting American Airlines for what he calls "shameful" behavior.

vacation Mondaywhen the airline began removing passengers because the plane was allegedly "too heavy" to fly.

He launched into a 30-tweet rant and gave his nearly 300,000 followers a blow-by-blow account of his war with the airline.

One tweet was: “Sooo @americanair just "swapped" passengers on a flight they said was too heavy.. And wanted to swap me next... #huh??”

Another said: “I've seen how ur treating people.”

“Not looking for special treatment... What I’ve witnessed is #shameful,” he added.

He told Inside Edition: “Everybody's sitting on the plane, fastened up, the doors getting ready to close and now they're calling people off the airplane.

“Then I heard my name come up as the next name. I'm thinking, 'wait a minute, I’ve been waiting since 2 o'clock in the airport to get on the flight you delayed twice then cancelled. I have a ticket. I have a seat number, why did you choose me, why choose him?’ Explain to us.”

In a statement to Inside Edition, American Airlines says: “We were not "swapping" out people at all. This is a small regional jet, and due to weather in the Miami-area, the flight was weight restricted. The aircraft usually holds 50 passengers, but could only hold a maximum of 47 passengers. We had to remove two paying passengers, who will be compensated.”

Champion told Inside Edition: “That statement that you just read is not true.”

He added: “They've said that this flight has to remove weight to go into a storm situation for passenger safety. So you remove two passengers, not politely. And now you're putting two passengers on, you're filling those seats. That just made no sense to me.”

Following his rant, other frustrated passengers praised him for his actions.

He told one follower: “I just had to speak out.”
I love when folks share articles of interest. Thank you. I think we may have another thread going on this. Can we merge? @Barry Graham @technomage1

Aug 28, 2015
New York
Sam Champion is blasting American Airlines for what he calls "shameful" behavior.

vacation Mondaywhen the airline began removing passengers because the plane was allegedly "too heavy" to fly.

He launched into a 30-tweet rant and gave his nearly 300,000 followers a blow-by-blow account of his war with the airline.

One tweet was: “Sooo @americanair just "swapped" passengers on a flight they said was too heavy.. And wanted to swap me next... #huh??”

Another said: “I've seen how ur treating people.”

“Not looking for special treatment... What I’ve witnessed is #shameful,” he added.

He told Inside Edition: “Everybody's sitting on the plane, fastened up, the doors getting ready to close and now they're calling people off the airplane.

“Then I heard my name come up as the next name. I'm thinking, 'wait a minute, I’ve been waiting since 2 o'clock in the airport to get on the flight you delayed twice then cancelled. I have a ticket. I have a seat number, why did you choose me, why choose him?’ Explain to us.”

In a statement to Inside Edition, American Airlines says: “We were not "swapping" out people at all. This is a small regional jet, and due to weather in the Miami-area, the flight was weight restricted. The aircraft usually holds 50 passengers, but could only hold a maximum of 47 passengers. We had to remove two paying passengers, who will be compensated.”

Champion told Inside Edition: “That statement that you just read is not true.”

He added: “They've said that this flight has to remove weight to go into a storm situation for passenger safety. So you remove two passengers, not politely. And now you're putting two passengers on, you're filling those seats. That just made no sense to me.”

Following his rant, other frustrated passengers praised him for his actions.

He told one follower: “I just had to speak out.”
In the interim, @Barry I think he was going for special treatment, do you?

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I merged the threads (I wanted to see if it could be done)! Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm a little cynical when someone feels that they have to do 30 tweets. I'd like to hear what AA has to say about why they brought new people on (if they did).

Aug 28, 2015
New York
I merged the threads (I wanted to see if it could be done)! Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm a little cynical when someone feels that they have to do 30 tweets. I'd like to hear what AA has to say about why they brought new people on (if they did).
Most surprising, Sam Champion has followers on Twitter.