Unfairly blocked for 30 days from posting on Facebook

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 14, 2020
hi i have just been blocked for 30 days--posted a picture of body builder from behind it shows happens when you work too much muscle in one spot without fixing the other---where i posted was in response to a picture of 3 naked guys on a beach !! how was mine sexual yet 3 naked guys next to each other not? by facebook standards the post should not have even been there for me to respond to----with all the money facebook has made they should get a livehelp chat for this kind of crap!

Jul 13, 2016
Forgive me, as I am not a FB expert, but if you posted a photo in the comments, does that automatically share the original post on your timeline? Or did you share it yourself? If so, perhaps that is why FB banned you. By sharing the original post, you were posting banned material.

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
hi i have just been blocked for 30 days--posted a picture of body builder from behind it shows happens when you work too much muscle in one spot without fixing the other---where i posted was in response to a picture of 3 naked guys on a beach !! how was mine sexual yet 3 naked guys next to each other not? by facebook standards the post should not have even been there for me to respond to----with all the money facebook has made they should get a livehelp chat for this kind of crap!
Live help? Realize that Facebook and other social media exists to serve the advertisers that pay them, not the millions of users who utilize the platform for free.

Nov 27, 2019
Facebook has quite good customer support. Only problem is, you're not a customer.

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
you need to remember that you are not paying Facebook for anything; therefore, YOU are not a customer therefor they have no incentive to help you or provide customer support to you.

Reactions: BittyBoo

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You are actually fortunate that you were blocked for 30 days instead of being banned for life. FB is not forgiving with violations of its policies and will ban for life for many seemingly trivial reasons.

You can pursue with FB contacts (https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/facebook/ ) but you have no recourse or appeal available if they do not respond to you or refuse to change your period of being blocked.

Sep 22, 2019
I understand the way "fairly" was used in the original post, but as alluded to in subsequent comments, nobody has the RIGHT to have a Facebook account. Thus, the lack of recourse when a problem like this comes up.

kenish

Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
If and when FB responds (they have no obligation to), I bet most of the 30 days will have passed. The temporary "digital detox" may be enjoyable.

PS- says me on this social media forum, LOL!!!

Sep 22, 2019
If and when FB responds (they have no obligation to), I bet most of the 30 days will have passed. The temporary "digital detox" may be enjoyable.

PS- says me on this social media forum, LOL!!!
Kenish makes a good point. Taking a break from Facebook and other social media sites might end up being a good and healthy thing.

Reactions: jsn55 and VoR61