Travelocity Refunds

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 14, 2020
Looking for some help from anyone who may have dealt with a similar experience:

I've been in a multi-day back and forth with Travelocity trying a refund for a hotel stay at the Standard Hotel from May 24-26. The hotel is closed until the 31st (at least). They have give me a "voucher" but are completely unwilling to offer a refund. The hotel policy states they are waiving all cancellation fees for any reservations, no mention of a refund.

I've tried reasoning with Travelocity's customer service teams and Twitter to no avail.

Any more ideas?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Because you booked through Travelocity, you are stuck with Travelocity’s terms. The hotel may be waiving cancellation fees but you aren’t dealing with the hotel. Travelocity often buys those rooms at discounted prices and there are different terms. Was it a nonrefundable rate?

May 14, 2020
Because you booked through Travelocity, you are stuck with Travelocity’s terms. The hotel may be waiving cancellation fees but you aren’t dealing with the hotel. Travelocity often buys those rooms at discounted prices and there are different terms. Was it a nonrefundable rate?
Yes it was

May 27, 2020

I've been in a multi-day back and forth with Travelocity trying a refund for a hotel stay at the Standard Hotel from May 24-26. The hotel is closed until the 31st (at least). They have give me a "voucher" but are completely unwilling to offer a refund. The hotel policy states they are waiving all cancellation fees for any reservations, no mention of a refund.

I've tried reasoning with Travelocity's customer service teams and Twitter to no avail.

Any more ideas?
I am having the same problem with Travelocity for a stay in Barcelona Spain May 20 - 23. Hotel also says that they are waiving cancellation fees, and Travelocity is only willing to give us a "coupon" for stay in that particular hotel in Spain within the next 12 months. Absolutely furious with Travelocity.

May 27, 2020

Any more ideas?
By the way, I did go to my credit card company to dispute the charge. Hopefully, at least they will help. Travelocity will NEVER get my business again, and I will make it loud and clear to anyone who will hear it. Ridiculous and outrageous that they won't support their customers during this strange circumstance we find ourselves in.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Next time, please book directly with the hotel. I just received a refund on a non-refundable hotel in Spain.
Online booking services like to think they're providing travellers with a good product. And that may be true, as long as things go along swimmingly. All they do is take your booking. Throw in even a small glitch, and people immediately see the folly in dealing with them. There's just no reason to use them for booking travel.

Reactions: ADM and Patina