Travelocity - receiving travel credit, prefer refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 7, 2020
Late last year I bought tickets on Travelocity since they itinerary involved routes where I needed to use different airlines - it was just easier to have everything on one itinerary.

The itinerary is for myself and my wife, ORD-LHR-AGP-MAD-ORD, in Business Class, costing $7,435.10 for both tickets – itinerary number is 7xxxxxxxxxxxx.

I received an email from Travelocity on 3/27/2020, showing the itinerary was canceled (not by me, though obviously I would have had to do so) and that they have issued travel credit. They said I would receive another email soon with more details, but as of today I have not received the subsequent email.

In any event, I would like to receive a refund instead of a travel credit. I understand that late last week the U.S. Department of Transportation issued instructions to airlines for flights to/from/within the USA that refunds must be offered, so hopefully this can be the result.

I do appreciate that two of the flights within this itinerary were within Europe (LHR-AGP, AGP-MAD), so I’m not sure if those segments would be refunded or if travel credits would somehow be calculated for those sectors and refunds issued for the segments from/to the US at the start and end of the itinerary.

It is really hard to get a hold of someone at Travelocity by phone, and their chat feature is limited to the virtual agent only and that does not help. I’m wondering if you have ideas as to reaching someone at Travelocit6 and obtaining a refund instead of travel credit.

Note: Edited by a moderator to remove itinerary number

Last edited by a moderator:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
The online booking services are run by computers, so phoning them is often useless. They own your tix, they will be collecting money or credits for future flights from the airlines. I would wait to see what the "details" are of the credit they've offered. Once you know the details, you can start an email campaign to request a refund. I'd give them 30 days, until 4/27. I don't need to tell you that travel providers are buried in refunds, cancellations and credits.

Sep 25, 2018
If you look at the tickets there should be 3 numbers in the front that tell you which airline it was plated on. Now that each airline has different policies that is a key to determining if you can get a refund.

Reactions: jsn55