Tor company refunds

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 29, 2020
I cancelled a tours with GCT,(grand circle tours), amid corona virusdpread. We were due to depart the end of June. Cancelled in March. Was told we would receive a refund within 90 days. Now members of the group are being told only vouchers can be issued. I cannot use a vouchers Do I have any recourse?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did Grand Circle cancel the tour? If they haven’t canceled it, you aren’t due a refund. They announced they were canceling tours through June on April 24. If you canceled before that, they seem to only be offering credits.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is awful, you are among several GCT customers who were told they'd receive a refund and have contacted us. I'm sad to see a great company like GCT in such trouble they can only issue credits. From a business standpoint, I understand it, but to offer refunds and then withdraw that offer does not create customer loyalty. Read the other threads on this subject, perhaps some social media activity would generate some more cooperation from Grand Circle. Was any of the trip insured? If so, give them a call to see if there's any help there at all.

Apr 29, 2020
YES WE CANCELLED AND SUBSEQUENTLY THEY CANCELLED THE TRIP. I JUST DON'T SEEM TO GRASP THEY CAN TELL YOU ONE THING AND DO SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. THESE ARE STRANGE BUSINESS PRACTICES

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
But that is the problem - you didn't wait for them to cancel - you jumped the gun and cancelled too early. This is the same for airlines - if you canceled before they did, you don't get a refund, only a credit for future travel. So when you canceled - the cancellation penalties that you agreed to when you booked were in effect.

But it doesn't look like GCT is refunding anyone - only offering credits- from their website:

In an effort to ensure that our travelers will be able to enjoy their planned trips, we have rebooked affected reservations for future departure dates in 2021 and implemented generous policies providing additional savings and allowing travelers to change their travel dates to suit their individual needs.

There are other complaints about this as well on this site. Please read #4 on this article - it tells you about canceling before the supplier:

Reactions: Patina