The Contacts List Works!!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2015
I rent a LOT of cars from Avis and recently returning a vehicle after a week in Atlanta, the check-in employee told me that because of a malfunction of the On Star in the car, his hand held device was unable to record that I had filled the gas tank. (I don't even question nonsense in travel any more, it does no good). He visually inspected it, wrote a note and said I had to go back into the ticket counter and they would remove the refueling charge. I did that, the woman said, see? It's gone - I did look at the bottom of the bill and indeed, no fuel service charge.
I get home and I am assembling my receipts and Lo and behold there is a $206.70 fuel service charge on my rental car bill! I look at the paperwork the woman handed me and it was not mine. It belonged to someone else's rental. I call customer service and explain my story and am told to email a copy of the gas receipt. I do that - no change. I call again (by now I am out of town in another city and another Avis car). This customer service rep snidely asks me if I put the case number in the subject field of the email? Well, NO, I was not told of any case number, nor where to PUT IT. He insists that I must resubmit. I comply.
After another few days, I check again and the fuel service charge is still on my bill. Finally I come to Elliott.org, get the contact list for Avis and lay out my case dispassionately, facts only.
I got a call from a VP within 24 hours, and when I called him back he said that he had just removed the erroneous fuel service charge and would email me a new receipt as soon as we hung up. He did.
It worked perfectly!!!!!

Thank you SO much!!!!

Dec 12, 2014
I also had an issue with Avis last week and emailing the contacts on Monday, not only got my problem resolved quickly and a personal call back, but also a coupon for a future rental:)

Reactions: technomage1

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Lisa, one of the things that brings joy to an advocate's heart is a situation like yours ... Avis running you around in circles on the assumption that YOU did it instead of figuring out who made the mistake and correcting it. Thanks SO MUCH for letting us know, we are delighted to help.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
See below . . .

IMPORTANT: when you reach out to the corporate level . . .
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite and professional
Do not attach files - explain that you can send them separately if necessary
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in our company contacts for Avis/Budget (that is a link)
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

Reactions: scprice
Apr 10, 2017
Must be your day and thanks so much for sharing you success! Those people are really slime buckets ;)
Congratulations on beating them at there own game.
Mistakes happen, it was corrected. As frustrating as it can be, it usually takes getting to the right person. Does that make them 'slime buckets'?

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Mistakes happen, it was corrected. As frustrating as it can be, it usually takes getting to the right person. Does that make them 'slime buckets'?
Well actually yes based on the fraudulent damage claims we see here daily on this Forum. When I rent a car now I assume this is a very real likelihood. And protect myself with photos and declining cars that already have issues. Yes in many cases “slime bucket” is just one of many terms that can be applied. That seemed to be how I felt in June of 2016 which is when that quote is from!

Reactions: Pixie Pie and ADM
Apr 10, 2017
Well actually yes based on the fraudulent damage claims we see here daily on this Forum. When I rent a car now I assume this is a very real likelihood. And protect myself with photos and declining cars that already have issues. Yes in many cases “slime bucket” is just one of many terms that can be applied. That seemed to be how I felt in June of 2016 which is when that quote is from!
This thread was awakened from the dead and I did not see the date of your post. However, I would say two things. One, despite the number of complaints (and I have no idea what the total is), remember that as with anyone who reviews side effects, complications, errors, mistakes, etc., you are only seeing the numerator side of the fraction. What I would be interested in knowing is the rate of correction of mistakes to see if they're slime buckets. Two, and not in any way meant to justify the slime buckets, you can read from the small sampling of posts here how so many complaints arise from people not reading instructions, not caring about rules and regulations, or simply feeling entitled to whatever they're after. It goes both ways.

I have had several problems solved by using both the contacts here and the information provided on how to approach the issue. It was just a question of getting to the right person. They were not slime balls.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
My comment of two plus years ago will remain as stated. So glad you have had great results. Stick around we need all the help we can get in this forum.

Reactions: jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This thread was awakened from the dead and I did not see the date of your post. However, I would say two things. One, despite the number of complaints (and I have no idea what the total is), remember that as with anyone who reviews side effects, complications, errors, mistakes, etc., you are only seeing the numerator side of the fraction. What I would be interested in knowing is the rate of correction of mistakes to see if they're slime buckets. Two, and not in any way meant to justify the slime buckets, you can read from the small sampling of posts here how so many complaints arise from people not reading instructions, not caring about rules and regulations, or simply feeling entitled to whatever they're after. It goes both ways.

I have had several problems solved by using both the contacts here and the information provided on how to approach the issue. It was just a question of getting to the right person. They were not slime balls.
I'm glad that you've had good luck and success solving travel issues. I don't think it's necessary to be critical of another advocate's opinion ... an advocate who has and does travel extensively and has a great deal of experience on this forum.

Issues with rental car companies are huge ... and many of them arise because the car rental company is unethical. Many of us feel that the customer should not have to "get to the right person" with a great deal of effort and time. We feel that travel providers should pay more attention to customer service. If they receive a well-written, concise narrative, the company should solve the problem immediately, or at least by the end of the week. Customers should not be required to bang away for weeks or months to right a wrong. I suggest you have a gander at the car rental forums and read a few of the threads ... it's most enlightening.

Reactions: Pixie Pie and ADM
Apr 10, 2017
I'm glad that you've had good luck and success solving travel issues. I don't think it's necessary to be critical of another advocate's opinion ... an advocate who has and does travel extensively and has a great deal of experience on this forum.

Issues with rental car companies are huge ... and many of them arise because the car rental company is unethical. Many of us feel that the customer should not have to "get to the right person" with a great deal of effort and time. We feel that travel providers should pay more attention to customer service. If they receive a well-written, concise narrative, the company should solve the problem immediately, or at least by the end of the week. Customers should not be required to bang away for weeks or months to right a wrong. I suggest you have a gander at the car rental forums and read a few of the threads ... it's most enlightening.

I was not critical of an opinion, I was critical of name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.