Taxes and carrier imposed fees

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 1, 2019
Taxes and Carrier-Imposed Fees Incurred for $266.94. This charge was almost higher
Then my tickets I purchase. I would like a refund.

What's your desired resolution?
Credit me back for the difference send me a check

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
When I do a sample booking from Chicago-Denver, the breakdown looks like this:

Flight: $138​
Seats: $30​
Bags: $76​

Thus the "fees" total almost the cost of the flights. Frontier is what is called a ULCC (Ultra Low Cost Carrier). Everything is extra (a-la-carte), and what you have seen is indeed typical.

Reactions: ADM and krisseye

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Are you within 24 hours of purchasing the tickets? If so, you can cancel them. They will not send you a check, though; they will only refund to the card you bought them with.

Reactions: VoR61

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Taxes and Carrier-Imposed Fees Incurred for $266.94. This charge was almost higherrr
Then my tickets I purchase. I would like a refund.

What's your desired resolution?
Credit me back for the difference send me a check
As Neil noted you can cancel your entire reservation if you are in the 24-hr window. You cannot continue with the reservation and get the taxes and fees refunded while maintaining the ticketing. You either pay the full fees or you do not fly. You can look at other carriers and find similar taxes/fees.

Reactions: VoR61
Sep 19, 2015
When is the flight? Has it been more than 24 hours since booking.

You will not the taxes/carrier imposed fees back.

Frontier gives the total price for each flight when making the reservation and you can look at the breakdown before paying for the flight.

The carrier imposed surcharges were properly disclosed -- you will not get those back. If you are within the 24 hour free cancellation and you booked directly with the airline cancel the ticket for a full refund.

Your options are buy the ticket at the total price offered or go elsewhere.

Attachments

Reactions: jsmithw