TAP Airlines unresponsive and not giving refunds

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 28, 2020
I booked a flight on TAP in February from ORD-Lisbon-Frankfurt-ORD on June 18.
On May 16th I received an email telling me I had a "schedule change" for one of my flights. I went on TAP's manage booking site and looked up my flight and I could not retrieve it.
I called TAP on May 17th and luckily I got through and asked what happened to my flight, and that I couldn't pull up the booking. I was told that the flight was going to be cancelled and I should receive an email in the next few days about that.
It is now 11 days later and I still can't find my flight, have not received an email and can not get through to TAP on the phone. Last time I tried I waited 1.5hours.
I called today again May 28th, waited 50 minutes, finally got through to ringing and THEY HUNG UP ON ME!!!
I have been reading on TAP's FB page a lot of unhappy customers not receiving their refunds after flights have been cancelled. Since my flight has been deleted from their booking I should get a refund.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Here are our company contacts for TAP-

Use email and tell them your flight was canceled and per DOT rules you want a full refund.

The problem you may have is TAP is having financial problems and reached out for State assistance:

May 28, 2020

Use email and tell them your flight was canceled AGC per DOT rules you want a full refund.

The problem you may have is TAP is having financial problems and reached out for State assistance:

To let you know.... these numbers
Main: 973-854-6800
Toll Free: (800) 221-7370
are NO LONGER being used or in service!
The only number that works to get on hold is 1-800-903-7914

I will try the emails now, so thank you for those! That is very helpful as well.

May 28, 2020

Use email and tell them your flight was canceled AGC per DOT rules you want a full refund.

And what does canceled "AGC" stand for? Where can I find the DOT rules?
Thank you

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Its is per DOT rules - any airline that lands or takes off from the US is bound by DOT rules. Although many international airlines are trying not to follow them.

This is the information you can send them:

Report the invalid contact information here: