Suitcase with courier for 10+ days - Baggage Express, British Airways, Tegel Berlin, Aeroground

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 8, 2018
Basically: Baggage Express (baggageexpress.de) has had my bag 10 days now. They're a courier for British Airways and Tegel, but I can get no information on it. Anyone deal with this themselves or have ideas on how to resolve this? I'm out of ideas.

The details:

My bag was lost two weeks ago after a missed connection, I made a report at lost and found, then got a text the next day saying it was on the way to Tegel. Then nothing for a few days. I started contacting who I could with very limited success, but British Airways finally (four days later) said it was at the airport. There was some trouble arranging a courier so I could go pick it up. Just as I was about to leave I got a text saying the courier had it and would contact me again later to arrange delivery. That is the last I've heard about it and it is more than 10 days later.

I've tried countless phone numbers and emails with no help whatsoever. British Airways has me contact either Lost & Found at Tegel (Aeroground) or the courier (Baggage Express). Aeroground sometimes answers, sometimes not - can't help and has me contact Baggage Express. I even went to the airport a few days ago and waited at several desks (five hours total) but finally had to go home empty-handed.

Baggage Express offers no real way of getting in contact. I have so far tried email, webforms, fax, and THREE different phone numbers I've tracked down. No answer on any of their phone lines ever and I've tried dozens (literally) of times over the last week. Their email bounces back as 'not available', and their website is 'under construction'.

British Airways won't take responsibility or escalate and they keep going back to 'well why don't you contact Baggage Express'. I've emailed countless other email addresses that seemed even tangentially related (partly just to create a paper trail - I'm getting used to being ignored by all parties involved).

Any ideas?

Sep 19, 2015
How absolutely maddening that BA is not being helpful. Do you live in Berlin? I would write to the contacts, I imagine that all the numbers I could find would be the same as you have.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Neil and Christina are right, I'm just offering sympathy. Make your letter (grit your teeth) polite and concise, very businesslike and appreciative. Someone with a brain needs to go unravel all this and get your bag to you. The person reading your letter did not cause your problem and is in a position to help you, so your job is to make her want to help you. Best of luck and please let us know what transpires.

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks y'all for the advice. Just to answer Christina's question: I do live in Berlin.

One question more for you all then - which executive should I email then? Would you suggest all or start with one? I see there is a primary contact listed (pasted in below), maybe I just start with that one? I don't want to come off as being too much of a pest but I do want to get this resolved.

Primary Contact
Carolina Martinoli
Director of Brand and Customer Experience

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you read the information on the main Company Contacts Page it tells you exactly how to write. You start at Customer Service, give them a week to reply. If they don’t answer or say no, you the write to the lowest executive on the list, give him or her a week to reply and then move to the next. Repeat weekly. Do not start at the top, do not email all of them at once.

Reactions: jsn55
Sep 19, 2015
One reason I asked about where the OP lives is the question of the airline reimbursing for needed items when baggage is delayed— but that does not come into play when going home.

It is ridiculous that there is no way to contact the people and at this time I would start to worry that it has been lost.

Aug 8, 2018
Yeah I'm absolutely worried that it's gone. The courier obviously doesn't care enough to help, if they even truly have it.

Thanks y'all for your help. I've started the executive emails now. It doesn't really say in Elliot's how to, I guess I'll just give them a couple days each to respond before I move up the chain and email the next higher exec?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It does tell you how to write on the main Customer Contact Page:

If listed, start by writing to the senior customer service contact (listed under executive contacts). Tell them the issue and give them a week to respond. If they don’t respond or refuse to help, write to the next executive shown. If necessary, repeat weekly going up the chain of executives one at a time.

Do not start by writing to the CEO and do not write to all contacts at once. This could severely limit your ability to resolve your issue.

Reactions: jsn55
Aug 8, 2018
Oh you're right. Okay, I'll give her some time to respond. I'm worried that my chances are growing thin though. I'm eligible to apply for lost baggage reimbursement after 21 days and I don't know if that means they'll care less after that point too. Naturally I don't want reimbursement as much as I want my bad.