Spirit Airline's Customer Service

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 31, 2019
Good day,
I was about to pour my heart out and ask for help with Future Travel Credit, however, I checked my email and lo and behold I received an unexpected surprise from Ramon a customer service representative.
I had to make sudden travel arrangements due to a funeral and unfortunately my son, who's autistic non and nonverbal had ear drum issues. I armed myself with many different medications to make the flight, however, his ENT advised against it. I called Spirit, cancelled the flight and rather than lose most of my money I took travel credits valid for 60 days. Unfortunately, he was still having issues and I called again and the rep was gracious enough to give me what I thought was 90 days. He subsequently had ear surgery, one thing led to another and I completely forgot. I called Spirit almost a month later and I was told they would not reissue as the 60 days had passed. I spoke to a supervisor and begged. She said no and that no manager would speak to me, said she couldn't hear me, voice the 800 number, at which point I hung up. I understood that it was my fault, however, I was still crushed.
I never expected to hear from Spirit, however...

[Ramon (Guest Support)
Oct 22, 10:09 AM EDT
Hi ...,

Thanks for reaching out to Spirit’s Guest Relations Team.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties faced with redeeming your credit. As a final courtesy, I have re-issued the Future Travel Credit. This FTC is non-transferable and can only be used by any passenger linked to the reservation. This is only valid for 60 days and will not be reinstated if credit is not redeemed before the expiration date. You do not need to travel within that time frame, you just need to book any future flight available in our system before it expires. Please see your credit details below.]
Thanks for being Human, Ramon @ Spirit. We really appreciate it.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
I am disappointed to hear of your son's illness and the accompanying symptoms. And I salute you for stepping up and fighting the good fight.

With regard to Spirit, I am guessing that you would prefer a refund, but may settle for a long voucher extension. Whatever the case, you can appeal this to the corporate level at Spirit. When you do, offer to provide a physician's letter, but do not attach it until/unless requested, because your email might be discarded without anyone reading it.

IMPORTANT: when you reach out to the corporate level . . .
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite and professional
Do not attach files - explain that you can send them separately if necessary
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in our company contacts for Spirit (that is a link)
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

Oct 31, 2019
Thanks for your concern and the detailed tips. I will take the voucher extension and go somewhere. You lose money when you ask for a refund. Thanks for laying out the chain of command. I am glad someone had a heart at Spirit and decided to help.
Best Wishes.

Sep 20, 2015
When I first saw the title, I thought oxymoron: Spirit Airlines and Customer Service. But I am pleasantly surprised they came through, although it took them a while.

Reactions: roc4