Sky Miles Replenishment

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

EMA

Apr 13, 2020
In January 2020 I took a Delta Sky Miles cruise in Hawaii, which was booked in March,. 2019. My wife and I used miles for First Class tickets on our flights. On our flight home on February 1, 2020 my seat was downgraded from First Class, but I was promised by the Delta agent the difference in miles would be restored to my account. This has not happened. Also, I was promised 10,000 miles would be added to my Sky Miles account following the cruise because I booked through Delta. As of 4/13/20 those miles have not been added to my account. I would really like Delta to fulfill it's promises and add the miles listed above to my account. My greatest frustration is that I have received no feedback from Delta. I have written two detailed letters, sent an email and tried without success to reach them on the phone. I do not understand why Delta cannot provide the courtesy of a response.
Thank you
EMA

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Delta and all of the travel industry is completely overwhelmed with major issues. Suggest you wait until the current situation resolves. Keep all documentation and it will get addressed later. Now is not the time to pursue this.

EMA

Apr 13, 2020
Thank you for your responses. Yes, I have tried calling but have been unsuccessful reaching an agent. I totally agree that the airlines are overwhelmed with major issues. I still feel I deserve some type of response but will pursue again when the crises settles down.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Delta is usually very good about keeping promises and making good on issues like this. I am sure that the reasons that @Neil Maley and @weihlac gave are the reasons. Good luck. When you say that you wrote, did you also try any of our contacts?

Reactions: Skippy

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Thank you for your responses. Yes, I have tried calling but have been unsuccessful reaching an agent. I totally agree that the airlines are overwhelmed with major issues. I still feel I deserve some type of response but will pursue again when the crises settles down.
I am not trying to suggest that you do not deserve a response, just that the travel business is now using triage like the hospitals and can only deal with so many critical issues at once.

Sep 12, 2015
I had to call Delta about another issue yesterday. I called the Customer Service phone number on their website, and got the now-standard message about "longer than normal wait times". But I was then given the option to TEXT them. I input my cellphone number, and they immediately sent me a text which said "reply to this text with your question". 8 minutes later -- literally, 8 minutes -- I was texting with a live agent who was able to quickly deal with my issue.

So maybe using their text system would help the OP?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Delta also offers the option for a call back instead of waiting on hold. But I would just leave this alone for a few weeks. It's just the right thing to do. DL has a great reputation for customer service, and I think you'll see those SkyMiles appear in your account in due course.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I don't know if it was because of my status with Delta but I was able to get through to them in a few minutes last week.

May 30, 2019
I don't know if it was because of my status with Delta but I was able to get through to them in a few minutes last week.
Same here. Virtual callback was 8 minutes yesterday. I'm Silver with them.

I would suggest trying to call one more time on a weekday when you are willing to wait on hold or for a virtual callback. Then write the contacts. Be concise and polite.

EMA

Apr 13, 2020
I am pleased to report that Delta finally responded to my requests. They made good on restoring my miles and offered their apologies for taking so long to respond. I am pleased to compliment Delta that during these difficult times they responded and stood by what they had agreed to. My thanks to everyone that previously responded to my initial request. Delta has been restored to good favor in my mind.