Sinorama Disaster

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 29, 2017
Dallas Texas
It has been over 4 months since our trip to China. All travel arrangements were made by this agency. Cathaway airlines would not allow us to depart Bangkok due to the limited flight time between (1 hr and 15 minutes to board and off load luggage) Bangkok and Hong Kong.

The agency was closed and could not re-book the flight for us. Consequently they told us to buy another ticket home and they would help us figure it out later. We are still waiting.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It appears the agency is ia Chinese agency n Canada and we don't know any of the laws in Canada to be able to tell you what to do. I don't know if travel agencies have to be licensed, if there are regulations that have to be adhered to, if you have consumer complaint agencies. Sorry. Wish I could help- perhaps someone else might know.

Have they answered your emails or phone calls?

Did they charge your credit card for the tickets or were you charged by the airline? I might recommend a credit card dispute if the agency charged you card. Do you have to promise to reimburse in writing?

Michelle Couch-Friedman

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Sep 19, 2015
@Linny As I mentioned in my emails to you, it is helpful when you let the forum advocates know that your case is currently active in direct advocacy. Sinorama is responding to our requests for an explanation... and I am currently working on your case. Unfortunately, the fact that you have no documentation from Cathay Pacific (as to why you were denied boarding) is complicating your case significantly.