Singapore Airlines

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 23, 2020
Status: 74yo Australian Vietnam War Service Veteran with multiple disabilties."Special Assistance" Passenger.
Booking Reference Txxxxx
I reported my travel experience concerns to Singapore Airlines Ho Chi Minh City Resevations on the 12.11.19
Return date was 24.10.19
My concerns were forwarded to SIA Customer Affairs (Singapore)
A response was recieved after 5 weeks and 3 days dated 20.12.19
SIA demonstrated a glowing example of 'Fobbing Off', 'Excuses' and 'Stonewalling'
Some issues were ignored altogether with the unacceptable answers.
My detailed concerns reported were:
*Kris Flyer Transit Lounge (T2) Business Class Lounge (Changi International Airport) has no policy regarding food standards including a hygiene incident /Dress Code & Control of Children.
*Failure of "Civility and Conduct'" (Deliberately) towards my self and passenger standards which caused humiliation by two SIA Kris Flyer Lounge staff. I have both of their photos.
The excuse was they were trainees. (No Apology)
*Breach of In Flight safety standards by a passenger next to me with no action being taken by cabin crew.
*My request on disembarkation to a Cabin Crew to assist me with two hand luggage pieces ovehead this was ignored.
*Failure to follow the 'Special Assistance' procedure at Changi Airport through excuses and suiting themself.
All of these incidents were reported to a Duty Manager located at T2 Terminal who came to the Kris Flyer Lounge.
This was all take and give nothing back displaying no compassion or understanding at all.
*I contacted Singapore Tourist Board (STB) as they recieve all Tourist complaints which were forwarded to Singapore Airlines (SIA)
A "Classic" Revolving Door.
A further follow up with STB they suggested a legal representative.
SIA (Singapore Airlines) are accountable for their multitude of failures with this experience.

Note: Edited by a moderator to remove booking reference

Last edited by a moderator:

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Here are contacts for SA: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/singapore-airlines/
I suggest you use the email contacts starting at the first contact level and moving up weekly if no/negative response.

First, you need to develop a list of what happened since your post does not give adequate information about the issues you allude to.
You need to be explicit and brief in the discussion of your issues for anyone to be able to respond to you.
As posted no CS personnel will be willing to respond.

Reactions: jsn55 and VoR61
Feb 23, 2020
I have posted my experience of events. Perhaps I may need a non forum input to have this carried through to Singapore Airlines bypassing CS.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I have posted my experience of events. Perhaps I may need a non forum input to have this carried through to Singapore Airlines bypassing CS.
I’m not sure what you mean by this. We don’t contact the airline for you unless you have exhausted all avenues by advocating for yourself and creating a paper trail.

This is how you should proceed:

Since you have already tried to work with CS, your next email should be to the first executive contact on the list VoR pointed you to. If the first executive says no or doesn’t respond in a week, write to the next, leaving a week in between each email.

If you get through the entire executive list without a response or help, we’ll tell you the next step. We don’t get involved until you have completed our process and will need to see your entire email chain.

You also don’t say what you want from the airline. Unless you specify what you want, how are they supposed to know? Do you want them to make changes in the lounge? I’m not certain reading what you wrote what you expect. State it clearly.

The BBB cannot force the airline to do anything- they merely send your complaint to the business and send you the business response.

Feb 23, 2020
I’m not sure what you mean by this. We don’t contact the airline for you unless you have exhausted all avenues by advocating for yourself and creating a paper trail.

This is how you should proceed:

Since you have already tried to work with CS, your next email should be to the first executive contact on the list VoR pointed you to. If the first executive says no or doesn’t respond in a week, write to the next, leaving a week in between each email.

If you get through the entire executive list without a response or help, we’ll tell you the next step. We don’t get involved until you have completed our process and will need to see your entire email chain.

You also don’t say what you want from the airline. Unless you specify what you want, how are they supposed to know? Do you want them to make changes in the lounge? I’m not certain reading what you wrote what you expect. State it clearly.

The BBB cannot force the airline to do anything- they merely send your complaint to the business and send you the business response.
I have completed contacting the Singapore Airlines Executive member now and there has been no direct response from any of these persons.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I have completed contacting the Singapore Airlines Executive member now and there has been no direct response from any of these persons.
You wrote one at a time leaving a week in between each email? If so, complete another help request and state you emailed each executive and have had no response. If the advocates think they can help, they will contact you for all your correspondance.

Reactions: Patina

Skippy

May 30, 2019
Based on what I can piece together from OP's original post, the OP is complaining about several issues and is looking for ... something. An apology? A credit? As noted in Post #4:
Maybe there is no reply because the airlines does not have a reason to reply. Maybe the OP did not request a reply.

The STB suggested a referral to counsel, e.g. suggesting this is a legal issue, and the OP suggests that the agency is tight with the airline. I'm not familiar with Singapore Air, however once the word 'lawyer' is invoked with US-based Airlines, customer service escalation & consideration ceases. So maybe there is no reply because it is not in the best interest of any executive other than the head of Legal to reply.

Reactions: Pixie Pie

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I understand your "posting your experience of events". Instead, you've posted how you feel about several events without explaining what happened. We find that a concise listing of the facts, combined with a clear request for assistance/compensation is most effective.

You did explain the lack of assistance removing overhead items ... most airlines now advise their FAs not to assist pax. Not because they don't care, but because the FAs were taken advantage of and suffered repetitive injuries helping stow and remove overhead items flight after flight.

Your communication with the airline needs to state what action you are expecting in return for your complaints.

Reactions: ADM and Neil Maley
Feb 23, 2020
Copy of communication sent to Singapore Airlines Executives

Heading: "SIA Travel Experience-Well Being/Duty of Care"
As Follows:

Senior Manager Singapore Airlines
Re: Booking

Dear Carol Ong,
My concerns have been submitted at multiple levels without satisfactory response(s) which requires the "Quality of Compassion"

Passenger Information
Grant

TIMELINE
*21.11.19 submitted a report to SIA expressing concerns relating to 'Standards' during this travel experience.
*Statement of Concerns escalated to Complaint Status as follows:
* Breach of inflight safety standards
*T2 Krisflyer Business Lounge Standards covering:
*Dress Code/Food Quality (images available) and Food Hygiene
*Uncontrolled Children
*Concierge Desk/ lack of cooperation following request to speak with the lounge manager.
*Staff attitude/Deliberate insulting conduct directly towards myself by one male and female concierge staff. (Image ID available)
*Locating Evon Leong (Senior Passenger Relations Officer) to speak with proved a non-event to receive concerns/complaints to demonstrate in-depth understanding.
*24.10.19 FLT M1 151 Disembarkation of Silk Air at Singapore my request to a male cabin crew to assist me with overhead hand luggage was ignored.
*'Special Assistance on Disembarkation did not follow the procedure which caused further inconvenience at disembarkation.

SIA RESPONSE
20.12.19 Replied by SIA Customer Affairs (no signatory) with selective subject answer(s) with no compassion or expression.
This was a defensive attitude and contained excuses to shield failed standards.
*This demonstrated lack of recognition/sincerity and was a 'humiliation'/'disrespectful' and "unacceptable" besides being 'Ungrateful' with NO DUTY OF Compassion and Care.

I would like to express that I am a 'Special Assistance passenger, not a CONSULTANCY.
Furthermore there has been no social media exposure of my treatment which displays honour from my SIA travel experience on this occasion.

"Loyalty" and "Trust" travel together which are earned by service providers.

Referring to an extract of a recent SIA-CEO newsletter which read:
For more than 70 years, SIA has set the standard for in-flight products and services in the aviation industry. It remains unclear when the Covid-19 outbreak will be brought under control. But when it does, you can be sure:

" That we will be ready to welcome you back on board and deliver, once again, the exceptional service that you have come to expect and are familiar with"

I am seeking 'Recognition' together with an 'Enterprising' approach to 'Goodwill/Compensation'

Thanking You in Anticipation.
Yours Sincerely,
Grant Fairley

Note: Edited by moderator to report itinerary number and personal identifying information of writer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 24, 2019
If I was writing about issues in taking a flight, I'd pick the top three. I'd put them in date order. I'd use spelled-out dates to avoid confusion between different ways of expressing dates. (The dates you have provided make no sense to me.)

A line that says "Dress code/food quality and food hygiene" conveys little useful information, and downplays the most important problem: food hygiene. In any event, the reader is left with no information about what the issue was with food hygiene. Did staff not wash before serving food? Did something drop on the floor and not be trashed? I have no idea. Or the issue with a passenger violating in-flight safety standards, what did that passenger do? Open a window? Not wear his safety belt? Use his phone in air?

You may have already run out of options with Singapore Airlines, but a letter which says, "On DATE I flew on Singapore Airlines flight no. xx from Ho Chin Minh City to Singapore. I had a number of problems before, during and after the flight. The three most serious problems were: 1 xx 2 xx 3 xx." might draw a more favorable response.

You are looking for compensation. Your letter does not reflect for what. Clearly, the airline can give you some frequent flyer miles as a goodwill gesture. To get that sort of result, you will need, in my humble opinion, a letter more designed to eliciting that response. Your letter is going to people who are dealing with more serious problems, the virus, lost luggage, folks who missed a flight. If you want their attention, you need something more attention getting than "uncontrolled children."

Skippy

May 30, 2019
Your request -- both the issues you had and what you want because of them -- may require more specificity as well as a focus on what's most important. For example, you shouldn't expect compensation because an employee was not dressed up to code.

Sep 9, 2018
Copy of communication sent to Singapore Airlines Executives

Heading: "SIA Travel Experience-Well Being/Duty of Care"
As Follows:

Senior Manager Singapore Airlines
Re: Booking

Dear Carol Ong,
My concerns have been submitted at multiple levels without satisfactory response(s) which requires the "Quality of Compassion"

Passenger Information
Grant

TIMELINE
*21.11.19 submitted a report to SIA expressing concerns relating to 'Standards' during this travel experience.
*Statement of Concerns escalated to Complaint Status as follows:
* Breach of inflight safety standards
*T2 Krisflyer Business Lounge Standards covering:
*Dress Code/Food Quality (images available) and Food Hygiene
*Uncontrolled Children
*Concierge Desk/ lack of cooperation following request to speak with the lounge manager.
*Staff attitude/Deliberate insulting conduct directly towards myself by one male and female concierge staff. (Image ID available)
*Locating Evon Leong (Senior Passenger Relations Officer) to speak with proved a non-event to receive concerns/complaints to demonstrate in-depth understanding.
*24.10.19 FLT M1 151 Disembarkation of Silk Air at Singapore my request to a male cabin crew to assist me with overhead hand luggage was ignored.
*'Special Assistance on Disembarkation did not follow the procedure which caused further inconvenience at disembarkation.

SIA RESPONSE
20.12.19 Replied by SIA Customer Affairs (no signatory) with selective subject answer(s) with no compassion or expression.
This was a defensive attitude and contained excuses to shield failed standards.
*This demonstrated lack of recognition/sincerity and was a 'humiliation'/'disrespectful' and "unacceptable" besides being 'Ungrateful' with NO DUTY OF Compassion and Care.

I would like to express that I am a 'Special Assistance passenger, not a CONSULTANCY.
Furthermore there has been no social media exposure of my treatment which displays honour from my SIA travel experience on this occasion.

"Loyalty" and "Trust" travel together which are earned by service providers.

Referring to an extract of a recent SIA-CEO newsletter which read:
For more than 70 years, SIA has set the standard for in-flight products and services in the aviation industry. It remains unclear when the Covid-19 outbreak will be brought under control. But when it does, you can be sure:

" That we will be ready to welcome you back on board and deliver, once again, the exceptional service that you have come to expect and are familiar with"

I am seeking 'Recognition' together with an 'Enterprising' approach to 'Goodwill/Compensation'

Thanking You in Anticipation.
Yours Sincerely,
Grant Fairley

Note: Edited by moderator to report itinerary number and personal identifying information of writer.
I have read through this several times. And while I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent person, I still can't figure out what happened and what you are looking for in terms of compensation.

If this is the exact email you sent to the executives, that may very well explain why you haven't heard back from any of them.

While it may make perfect sense to you (since you were there), it seems to be in code for the rest of us.

Michelle Couch-Friedman

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Sep 19, 2015
@Michelle Couch-Friedman can you respond, please.
I'm sorry for some reason I'm not getting alerts when I'm tagged in a post. :confused:

Most travelers are experiencing heavy delays with official responses from their carriers, unfortunately. The lack of a timely response does not mean (necessarily) that the contact information is inaccurate. Our research team is very proficient with finding accurate company contacts;)

Reactions: justlisa and Patina