My advice is still the same. Your position is to negotiate with them to either drop the remaining claim or settle for a lower amount. If you have exhausted your appeals with the rental company to have the claim dropped, you will now have to deal with the claim company.This is the latest I got from Avis today. They are still insisting that I negotiate directly with Sedgwick, any advice? @Neil Maley @Dwayne Coward
Thank you for contacting the ABG Executive Office.
We have reviewed your file referenced above with our Claims Manager. We have been advised that ABG did pursue the claimant carrier and they did pay the damage. However they declined payment for all fees incurred. These fees would remain your contractual responsibility. The charges are listed below:
Balance due: $900.64
Our records indicated that their office spoke with you on February 26th. Our Claims Office is in a position to negotiate a settlement for the balance due to the mitigating circumstances. You would need to reach their office to begin this process. We regret the inconvenience this issue has caused,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concern.
Correct. Give it two more days before you move up again. I would also state in my next letter “I wrote to xxxxxxx on xx/xx and xxxxxx on xx/xx and haven’t received any correspondence back from them.”You said:
5 days ago I escalated it to the "VP North America Contact Center" but haven't heard a response there yet
Neil is reminding you to wait one week for that person to respond . . .