Sears auto triple charge for the same work order

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 1, 2019
Hi there,

I've been unsuccessfully trying to get back my money since September 2018.

The reason is I was charged 3 times for the same work order for oil change at Sears auto in Hackensack.
On September 18th 2018 after the completion of my car maintenance order, I swiped my card, as usual, but the salesperson in Sears Auto Hackensack said that there was some issue with the system so I need to swipe my card again and again, as a result, i had 3 pending charges, but was told that they will not be posted since I approved and signed only the last one, unfortunately she was wrong and all 3 charges were posted.

Order Number: IN69xxxxx Date: 09/12/18
Salescheck number: 06xxxxxxxxx4

Right after discovering the issue, i went to the store, they told me to contact Sears Customer service, from where i was told to handle that with my bank, my bank tried to dispute but Sears guys declined and gave that some type of "approved activity.." after 6 months of investigation. So now Sears is holding my $95.22 (2 charges -47.61 each) and seems doesn't really want to return.
Sears customer support is completely failing and unable to resolve this issue, sent an email to their customer care account, no response

Edited by a moderator to remove order and salescheck number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 1, 2019
Yes, I used my debit card and as I said I tried to resolve this with my bank, apparently they contacted Sears about it, and Sears approved those transactions and refused to return/refund the money

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Reactions: Tmurz
Jun 1, 2019

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
The current "Sears" is not the Sears that you went to last year. Sears has since filed for bankruptcy and is a new company. That may be why you are not having any success.

Reactions: Neil Maley