Sandals/Beaches COVID-19 Cancel

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 23, 2020
Hello - and I hope this is the right forum.

I made a reservation at Beaches Negril for this week, which was cancelled by the resort due to the COVID-19 out break. I have gotten calls from Beaches, saying they will not issue a refund as my cancellation was outside of their 15 day window for cancellations. They have offered me to move my vacation out up to 1 year out, however the only times that work for me are Thanksgiving and Christmas which are 'sold out'. Does anyone have any advice.

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
Hello - and I hope this is the right forum.

I made a reservation at Beaches Negril for this week, which was cancelled by the resort due to the COVID-19 out break. I have gotten calls from Beaches, saying they will not issue a refund as my cancellation was outside of their 15 day window for cancellations. They have offered me to move my vacation out up to 1 year out, however the only times that work for me are Thanksgiving and Christmas which are 'sold out'. Does anyone have any advice.
I am gobsmacked. That 15 day window is if YOU cancel, but the resort cancelled and is still holding YOU to it? That is wrong! Would a CC dispute with the written notice of cancellation work in this case since they cannot provide the service contracted for?

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I looked at their website. There is no indication as to what their cancellation policy is for COVID-19, other than not to try to call them but wait for them to call you. What they are telling you has to be a mistake. I would do what you said in your previous post. Nice pun!

Reactions: MikeInMSP

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I am gobsmacked. That 15 day window is if YOU cancel, but the resort cancelled and is still holding YOU to it? That is wrong! Would a CC dispute with the written notice of cancellation work in this case since they cannot provide the service contracted for?
According to our insurance company, probably not- they are using the force majeure defense.. But I’d like to see the outcome for those that do try this, at least if the airline or tour company canceled. I have seen cases where consumers with airline tickets were canceled by the airline and they were told they could only receive a credit complain to the DOT and win.

Have you asked them to extend it to 2021?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I looked at their website. Their is no indication as to what their cancellation policy is, other than not to try to call them but wait for them to call you. What they are telling you has to be a mistake. I would do what you said in your previous post. Nice pun!
It’s not a mistake- that is their policy. Many are complaining about it on their Facebook page.

Mar 23, 2020
They were willing to extend up to 1 year.
Here is my issue, my daughter is a Sr in High School and is headed to College next fall. This is the last year we all have the same spring break time, so 2021 doesn't work for us so that is why I tried to get a time over Xmas or Thanksgiving break.

Mar 25, 2020
Travel dates Apr 18 - 25 || Beaches Ocho Rios || Initial contact to Executives Mar 26th || Best offered heard was extend till 2022

I'm in the same situation. My initial contact was in the 30-15 day window. I contacted their executive (Debbie-Ann White) requesting a full refund and received an 'executive review'. Their executive's (Alicia Spence, Senior Manager of Customer Relations) came back turning down the refund and I was offered a reschedule window of 18months; previously quoted to have it extended till 2022 over the phone by Wendy, Supervisor for customer service. Relatively this would be decent considering the times, however we are expecting to be far enough along with a high risk pregnancy, then newborn, that we wouldn't be able to make it.

I've am trying via the executives to get the 50% refund at least since my initial contact was Mar 26 to executives, earlier via phone.. or even earlier if you count when they sent their 1st announcement of closure. They have been trying to say I'm not allowed ANY refund due to 1 day falling in their Section 5.2-2020.ii Special deposit clause, for Easter, April 5 - 19th.

Any suggestions on how to at least get the 50% refund? Should I be able to get at minimum 50% minus the April 18/19th night?

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You will have to appeal to Sandals. Try our company contacts or use their Social Media to complain. The best way to get suppliers to make a change is to file complaints.
That’s how they got the airlines to extend credits to two years on flights.

Reactions: Patina

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I would definitely do all this off the phone. It sounds like you've been in contact with several people, gotten several answers and you need to allow them to give your request a fighting chance. With the factor of possible issues with the coming baby, they might just extend another year but your case will take careful review by Sandals. Failing that, ask permission to transfer your trip to a friend or family member.