Ryanair knowingly close their eyes to the Covid19

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 8, 2020
Please assist us with the Ryanair attitude, usually no problem with their service, till now.
The German authorities banned from Israeli citizens to enter to Germany and Ryanair still fly knowingly we can't enter to Baden Baden. This is outrageous, since they care just to get money and don't care if we get stuck at the border.
Our only choice would be now to take the flight with our children, take a video of the whole scenario, along with the days outside of German borderline and post it on every media, Social one and TV exc.
If Ryanair wish for a massive headlines, there is one coming their way, only themselves to blame.
Please make them change their policy asap.
Lovely day,
Niv Cohen.

This is a copy of my email to Ryanair:
"We have purchased flight tickets for th 15 th of July
from Tel Aviv to Baden Baden with Ryanair.
As of reservation xxxxxx on the 15th of July, since we are from Israel and banned from entering Germany, we can't take this flight and enter the country.
I have tried to send emails to Ryanair, using chat, calling and Facebook messenger but nothing works.
Please refund these flight tickets since we are not allowed to enter Germany.
We would have wanted to use these tickets but since the EU doesn't allow entry, we are obliged to stay in Israel.
Thank you very much,
Niv Cohen.

Note: Edited by moderator to remove address and phone number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Ryan Air most likely has other passengers on the flight that could enter Germany if the plane flew. There are planes flying from the US to Europe where Americans are banned that also have EU citizens and cargo that can be flown to EU countries as well. If you didn’t purchase a refundable ticket, no refund is due.

If they do not have enough passengers to fly, they might cancel the flight so I would suggest waiting it out and if they don’t cancel, you’ll need to cancel or risk being a no show and not receive anything. Cancellation penalties will apply if RyanAir isn’t waiving fees.

They also have a Covid policy where you can move your travel date to another flight by the end of the year with no change fees

“From 10 June, customers who book to travel in July & August will be able to move their flights with zero change fee to travel until the 31 Dec 2020. This flight date change will only apply to the route customers have already booked and trips must be completed before the 2020 year end.“

Flights outside the US are not subject to DOT laws about refunds so a refund is not mandated but would not be in any event if the flight flew.

I also don’t believe any EU laws apply to this either.

We have contacts for Ryan Air on our company contacts page. You can use them to request and exception to their policy, but I wouldn’t hang my hat on anything. They are a highly discounted airline and rigid with their rules but you have nothing to lose by asking.

justlisa

Feb 12, 2019
Unfortunately I believe most airlines will be viewing this problem akin to those of a customer not having a passport with long enough validity or not having the correct visa to enter. In other words the issue isn't that they couldn't fly you the issue is that you don't have the ability to enter the country.

I don't necessarily agree with this view point, but can see airlines taking this tact since they've already lost so much money and it's not like these countries are giving them any money while they continue to keep borders closed to some people.

Jul 8, 2020
I accept your view but it's not right at all.
Not the way I declare it, but Ryanair do.
They cancelled flight ticket for Israel citizens exactly because of this reason, AS THEY DECLARE. Take a look at attached file and if you have any contact to Ryanair please assist.

IMG_20200709_134100.jpg
Screenshot_2020-07-09-12-40-05-020_com.android.chrome.jpg

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
They cancelled flight ticket for Israel citizens exactly because of this reason, AS THEY DECLARE. Take a look at attached file and if you have any contact to Ryanair please assist.

View attachment 3591
View attachment 3592

View attachment 3591
View attachment 3592
This says you can get a refund. There is a link to apply for a refund. Have you done this?
What is your question?

Here are Ryanair contacts: https://elliott.org/company-contacts/ryanair/

Jul 8, 2020
This says you can get a refund. There is a link to apply for a refund. Have you done this?
What is your question?

Here are Ryanair contacts: https://elliott.org/company-contacts/ryanair/
This message was sent to another passenger from Israel to Baden Baden. Ryanair admit they are not allowed to carry any Israeli citizens to Germany.
Now they keep on ignoring our messages, since they won't take any responsibility. Again, after they acknowledged the fact the right way is to refund.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
An airline is never responsible for the pax documentation. Even if they wanted to, it would be an impossible job. Anyone travelling out of their home country needs to know all the details about their proposed trip. Nobody is going to furnish you with the information at the airport or on the plane. It all has to be researched before you purchase the tix.

Reactions: nerosmama

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please use our company contacts and contact the airline. This is how you should write - read it carefully and follow the directions to email one at a time, waiting at least a week in between emails.

Nov 22, 2019
This message was sent to another passenger from Israel to Baden Baden. Ryanair admit they are not allowed to carry any Israeli citizens to Germany.
Now they keep on ignoring our messages, since they won't take any responsibility. Again, after they acknowledged the fact the right way is to refund.
Looks like a fake email from Ryanair, the first one was screenshot at 13:40 and the second one at 12:40, also the image ration is weird.
It's very easy to edit or create a new email so if you didn't receive it directly, it is probably fake knowing Ryanair reputation to save every cents.

It is not their fault, neither yours so they decide to pass the fault on you. I don't think that posting on (social) media will be useful, their CEO is famous for creating scandales to get media attention and free advertising...

If it were me, I would try to reschedule for later or get a voucher valid for a year using the contact, because of their reputation, I don't think they would do more but feel free to ask more.

Reactions: krisseye
May 30, 2019
The domain shown in the screenprints fcbdn.net, is owned by Facebook. Were these Facebook messages that were transferred?

Jul 8, 2020
Looks like a fake email from Ryanair, the first one was screenshot at 13:40 and the second one at 12:40, also the image ration is weird.
It's very easy to edit or create a new email so if you didn't receive it directly, it is probably fake knowing Ryanair reputation to save every cents.

It is not their fault, neither yours so they decide to pass the fault on you. I don't think that posting on (social) media will be useful, their CEO is famous for creating scandales to get media attention and free advertising...

If it were me, I would try to reschedule for later or get a voucher valid for a year using the contact, because of their reputation, I don't think they would do more but feel free to ask more.
Fake??? The gentleman sent it to me from his email, both at 12:10,, and yes Ryanair did cancel his flight and took full responsibility. Now trying to let go of it. The worst is that no one gets back to me, just keep on ignoring. The Israeli main news channels are already on the case, since it's another awful angle of the crisis.
And from Ryanair out of all companies. They got to this crisis so powerful and will be the first out of it, much more powerful.
This ain't the service I'm used to from them.
Screenshot_2020-07-10-17-08-01-751_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2020-07-10-17-07-42-859_com.android.chrome.jpg

May 30, 2019
Fake??? The gentleman sent it to me from his email, both at 12:10,, and yes Ryanair did cancel his flight and took full responsibility. Now trying to let go of it. The worst is that no one gets back to me, just keep on ignoring. The Israeli main news channels are already on the case, since it's another awful angle of the crisis.
And from Ryanair out of all companies. They got to this crisis so powerful and will be the first out of it, much more powerful.
No one is accusing you of anything. Many of us realize that frustration of experiences like yours -- I've had my share -- and the need to vent a bit. But keep in mind that we're collectively trying to help you with your situation, and we're doing it based on our own experiences or knowledge.

Some people on this forum will not view any attachments for personal IT security reasons. I will sometimes, but only after using multiple virus protection software. I noticed in the screenprints that the domain shown is fcbdn.net, is owned by Facebook. Were these Facebook messages that were transferred or screenprinted?

Regardless, I'm not sure you should share those screenprints. The URL may be personalized an link to personally identifiable information, which you do not want to share on a public forum.

This is a US-based forum. My personal experience has only been with US-based airlines, so I can't suggest anything in regards to self-advocacy with a flight from (I'm guessing) Israel to Germany only to keep trying to contact the airline, or possibly use the link.

justlisa

Feb 12, 2019
Alex is correct. fbcdn.net - which is in the address of both screen shots, is owned by Facebook. So that web address should not be present if it was taken from an email service as facebook is not an email service.

Sep 4, 2019
Since it appears that this person had some luck reaching out to RyanAir through Facebook messenger, why don’t you give that a shot? It can’t hurt.

Nov 22, 2019
View attachment 3593
View attachment 3594
I am not saying I am 100% sure it is fake but stick to whatever information you got directly from Ryanair or people you trust. The worst that can happen is that you ask Ryanair for a full refund showing a fake email that someone made and they ban you. Maybe, these emails are customized and different people get different options, maybe they send this email to people within 72 hours of flying so keep trying to call them to get your flight refunded.

Sep 19, 2015

View attachment 3591
View attachment 3592
Someone forwarded you an email from March 18th when Germany stopped allowing all non Schengen citizens into the country.

The situation is very different in July when the EU is allowing non EU citizens from select countries -- New Zealand, Australia, Algeria, Japan, etc.

The link in the email will not work as there is no longer a ban on all non Schengen countries -- the situation is not the same.

When did you purchase these tickets?