Royal Caribbean Must not want repeat customers

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 26, 2020
I am a Diamond member which means I have cruised a lot with RCCL and yet they still treat me poorly and refuse to refund the cruise I paid for that was canceled
. I guess in the future I should use someone else.

Jun 24, 2019
I am a Diamond member which means I have cruised a lot with RCCL and yet they still treat me poorly and refuse to refund the cruise I paid for that was canceled
Please provide additional details. Did RCCL "refuse" (your word) to refund? And you refer to a cruise "that was cancelled." Who cancelled the cruise? You? RCCL? You first and then RCCL later?

I'm not unsympathetic. We ha a cruise cancelled by Azamara, and a refund was promised by June 1. We received almost a full refund last week, two weeks early. We are waiting on an explanation for the difference.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please provide additional details. Did RCCL "refuse" (your word) to refund? And you refer to a cruise "that was cancelled." Who cancelled the cruise? You? RCCL? You first and then RCCL later?

I'm not unsympathetic. We ha a cruise cancelled by Azamara, and a refund was promised by June 1. We received almost a full refund last week, two weeks early. We are waiting on an explanation for the difference.
I can tell you they are making piecemeal payments and the first batch were incorrect. They expect to have everyone fully refunded within the next two weeks. We are dealing with it with clients for RCCL.

Reactions: jsn55 and Patina

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
Soooo are you looking for help or just to complain about them? You've given zero information that could help anyone provide you with advice or assistance. The "I guess.... someone else" comment is gratuitous as this isn't an RCCL site so they aren't reading this. The people here are consumer advocacy volunteers who try to help people to resolve their travel, retail, or service issues.

May 30, 2019
All thr
I guess in the future I should use someone else.
None of the cruise lines are in great shape these days. This forum is filled with posts from people having issues -- the difference is that most of those other posts include facts about their situation and people who are offering support to help them get refunds where feasible. If interested in support: Did you book the cruise? When? For when? Did the cruise line cancel, or did you? Did you book through a travel agent or directly? Are you looking for a full refund, or as a Diamond, would you consider a cruise credit you could use for a future cruise with all your Diamond benefits to be adequate? etc.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
These are unprecedented times. Did you think that your status meant a more timely refund? These companies are all completely awash trying to deal with thousands of issues. If you have followed procedures for a refund, it will probably take far more time than usual. Patience is the only thing that works now.