Room type offered does not exist, cannot get response from Priceline

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree with Chris. If there was no option to choose the 2 bedroom suite- I think you should ask Priceline move you to the two bedroom.

I am willing to bet Priceline is going to blame the hotel and say “the hotel is responsible for what is in the system” . You bid through Priceline and I believe they need to make it right.

This is one story that should be on the blog.

Dec 3, 2019
First, I looked at the hotel website: https://www.thepointorlando.com/suites.htm

The site only shows suites, for which it lists:

Executive Suite: sleeps 2-4​
Double King: sleeps 2-4​
One bedroom Suite: sleeps 2-4​
Two bedroom suite: sleeps up to 8, King size beds​

Then I did an express deal on Priceline: https://www.priceline.com/relax/in/3000003349/from/20200415/to/20200416/rooms/1/nha

which shows this:

View attachment 3165

When I click on the listing the resulting page shows:

View attachment 3166

and "The suites and studios feature a cable TV and separate living area with sofa bed". Nothing is said about 4 beds.

All told, what this shows to me is that to book a unit with one bedroom that sleeps more than 4 people requires a Private Rental to be available for the dates in question. That would, I think, be very limiting and could explain why it's no longer showing.

The only other option is the the two bedroom suite, but you may still not get the four beds. I suggest you call the hotel first to ascertain your options.

I have spoken to the hotel at length. Of course they say only Priceline can switch the room or cancel. All they can do is tell me the room type we were assigned.

Going in now, months later, and trying to duplicate it is really pointless. It's not showing the same things. Which is why I grabbed screen shots of the deal that day, because it wouldn't work for us and I wanted to have proof of what it offered me so I could try to get help.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
The hotel they put us at is The Point Orlando. Did you try it on the computer? Your screenshot is of a phone, which is different. There was no link I had to click prior to booking. I did this 2 months ago. Now when I try to duplicate the booking it won't even give me the option of an Express deal with more than 2 people. But that was not the case back in October when I booked. The website has obviously been updated/changed since then.

When I booked, I put in the number of people, 3 adults and 3 kids. It made me enter the exact ages of all of the kids. It gave me several hotel star options. I looked through them and chose this one based on the fact that it specifically said 4 beds, or 2 in the room type options. It had the option for both. If that's not a possibility, it should not have been a room type option.
I had an issue like this with Expedia years ago, Robb. I knew that I was right and just banged on them over and over. After I wouldn't "go away", Expedia changed how they presented prepaid and regular reservation choices on their website. But it took MONTHS. All I got out of it was my money back from the cancelled prepaid res, and the knowledge that booking through online services is for the naive. These services just don't care about you, the customer. Theirs is a numbers game and they just ignore people with problems.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019
I received a call from Priceline today. The lady agreed that the room type did not exist and should not have been offered on the website as an option for booking. She offered a full refund, or a 20% discount if I kept the booking. Obviously keeping the booking as is will not work, as it does not meet our needs with 6 people and is not enough for a second room. So I asked for the refund.

Thank you all so much for your help! I've been calling for 2 months and you all helped me resolve it in just a couple of days. So appreciative!!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Most excellent news! Thanks for the kind words and for letting us know what happened ... the more we know, the more helpful we can be. I'm sure I don't need to mention ... watch that refund like a hawk!

Reactions: Pixie Pie and VoR61