Return flight canceled because no-show

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 30, 2019
On March 16, 2019 I missed flight to Las Vegas. Spirit agent booked me on flight to Los Angeles and then long overnight layover to Las Vegas. Frontier had a flight leaving an hour after original flight, so I took it. When I checked into Spirit a few nights before my return on March 19 I was told my return was canceled because I was a no show. I was charged $300 for the one-way ticket home. I had already paid $206 for the round trip. To add insult to injury, I was given the same seat that was originally scheduled.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Unfortunately, those are the terms of a round trip ticket that you agreed to at the time of purchase. If you do not use the outbound portion of the ticket, the subsequent flight reservations are cancelled.

You can try writing to Spirit’s customer service requesting a voucher to be used for a future flight but know you are asking for an exception to the fare rules, they do not owe you anything.

Sep 27, 2017
When you chose to take Frontier instead of Spirit (your original purchase), was there any liability on Sprint, like a cancelled or delayed flight? And if so, did you notify Spirit of your choice?*

Unfortunately, as Patina described, if you bail on one leg of your flight, airlines will cancel out the remainder of your trip.

*(Even if this was totally your idea, did you call Spirit anyway before your flight? Not that this would have helped, but a customer service rep MIGHT have mentioned that rule to you)

Reactions: Warren

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
But email them anyway, accept responsibility for not knowing their rules and "artfully beg" for a voucher towards a future flight. However, if you didn't cancel your seat, don't bother because you really were a no-show.

Reactions: Patina
Apr 30, 2019
But email them anyway, accept responsibility for not knowing their rules and "artfully beg" for a voucher towards a future flight. However, if you didn't cancel your seat, don't bother because you really were a no-show.
Thanks. I am chalking this up to a learning experience. Next time I will sit near the desk so that I do not miss my flight. Totally my fault.

Reactions: Patina