Reservation Canceled by Delta w/ No Notification

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 29, 2020
- I had a reservation with Delta, booked through Delta, from Detroit to Edinburgh, scheduled to depart on May 15. It is most likely I won't go, and following the advice of this forum, I have taken no action yet.
- One or two days ago, my reservation just disappeared. No matter how I search the Delta website, nothing turns up. There is no e-credit in My Wallet. No email was sent to me indicating any action was taken in regards to my reservation.
- I do have the emails and print-outs of this reservation as proof that it did indeed exist.
- The flights in question still appear to be bookable (at a significantly higher price - I guess it is the "hub penalty").
- Since Delta cancelled my reservation, I believe that I am entitled to a cash refund. I booked the trip on 11/4/19, and paid with Amex; does that put me outside of the dispute the charge window?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. I am a pretty savvy traveler, but this one has me stumped. Thanks.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
- I had a reservation with Delta, booked through Delta, from Detroit to Edinburgh, scheduled to depart on May 15. It is most likely I won't go, and following the advice of this forum, I have taken no action yet.
- One or two days ago, my reservation just disappeared. No matter how I search the Delta website, nothing turns up. There is no e-credit in My Wallet. No email was sent to me indicating any action was taken in regards to my reservation.
- I do have the emails and print-outs of this reservation as proof that it did indeed exist.
- The flights in question still appear to be bookable (at a significantly higher price - I guess it is the "hub penalty").
- Since Delta cancelled my reservation, I believe that I am entitled to a cash refund. I booked the trip on 11/4/19, and paid with Amex; does that put me outside of the dispute the charge window?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. I am a pretty savvy traveler, but this one has me stumped. Thanks.
Contact Delta and request a refund to your original payment method. If you have all of your booking details there should be no difficulty with this. Per DOT regs, you are due a full refund since DL canceled your ticket.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Have you called the airline to ask about your reservation?!? I would start there before making any assumptions or plan of action. If the flight is cancelled, as @Neil Maley stated, you are due a refund and can request it from the agent.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We had flights on Delta that ended up being canceled - JFK to ATH- for May. The flights were not showing up for awhile and then we got an email from Delta on our personal email accounts that it was canceled and how we could apply for a refund instead of a credit. But there was about a week in between.

Reactions: Mel65
Apr 29, 2020
We had flights on Delta that ended up being canceled - JFK to ATH- for May. The flights were not showing up for awhile and then we got an email from Delta on our personal email accounts that it was canceled and how we could apply for a refund instead of a credit. But there was about a week in between.
Thank you Neil, and to the others that replied. As it is still 2 weeks until check-in, I think that I will wait about a week or so and see what happens. I will advise you of the outcome when it occurs.

Reactions: Patina
Apr 29, 2020
I just received an email from Delta, notifying me that my trip has been canceled. Nowhere in the email is there a statement that I can have the amount refunded to my credit card, as everything points to receiving an eCredit. So, I have a call in to Delta, with their promise to call me back within 3 hours 49 minutes. I will post an update after that call.

Reactions: Neil Maley

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Well, good, that's exactly what I thought would happen. Delta's just way behind on non-urgent issues. 3 hours and 49 minutes for a return call, huh? That's amazing. But your refund should only be a matter of paperwork/administration, you really don't have a problem. Wow, I don't remember the last time any of us used a sentence like that! Thanks so much for letting us know.

Apr 29, 2020
Well, it only took 2 hours 47 minutes for Delta to call back. The agent freely offered up a refund or credit, so there was no arm twisting required. He said that it could be 21-30 business days for the refund to be processed and returned to me.

Again, my thanks to everyone who replied. My special thanks to all who counseled patience in the process. I strongly second the recommendation to wait and see if the airline will cancel your trip before your scheduled departure.