Request Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 10, 2020
Purchased tickets on 2/5/2020 for round trip from Chicago to Orlando leaving 3/15/2020 and returning 3/22/2020 for Rosemary (83), Cecelia (77) and Margaret (76). As a result of the virulent Covid 19 pandemic we were advised to cancel out trip due to our vulnerability as seniors with underlying health conditions. On 3/12/2020 I notified the airline of our cancellation. I realize that because I cancelled our plans, the airline is not obligated to refund our money and they did issue a credit. We are concerned that we will not be able to use this credit within the time alllotted, if at all. I respectfully request a refund because losing this money would impose a huge hardship during this time of uncertainty.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What airline? Frontier? Did the flight actually fly? If they canceled the flight, you are due a refund. If you canceled and they were waiving cancellation fees- you are only due a credit.

Here are our company contacts to Frontier, you can try writing to them and asking for an exception but honestly the airlines are bleeding money they don’t have so if they don’t agree to an exception, you’ll understand why.

Here is how to write:

This also might help you understand what the airlines are facing:

Reactions: Skippy

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Purchased tickets on 2/5/2020 for round trip from Chicago to Orlando leaving 3/15/2020 and returning 3/22/2020 for Rosemary (83), Cecelia (77) and Margaret (76). As a result of the virulent Covid 19 pandemic we were advised to cancel out trip due to our vulnerability as seniors with underlying health conditions. On 3/12/2020 I notified the airline of our cancellation. I realize that because I cancelled our plans, the airline is not obligated to refund our money and they did issue a credit. We are concerned that we will not be able to use this credit within the time alllotted, if at all. I respectfully request a refund because losing this money would impose a huge hardship during this time of uncertainty.
You write very well, Peg, so I think you have a good chance of turning the credit into a refund, depending on the airline. Be concise, and reference the full pax names, confirmation numbers and dates of travel. Send the first email to customer service, wait two weeks, then use our Company Contacts to climb the corporate ladder, waiting two weeks between each submission. Polite, patient and persistent is the way to go.

Reactions: Patina
May 10, 2020
Thanks for the advice, I will try customer service. The airlines are going to receive bailouts from the government so it seems unfair that they can keep my money.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If they canceled the flight, they are obligated under DOT rules to refund you, but not if you canceled. If you booked a nonrefundable rate, they don’t have to give you a credit at all. As a courtesy they are giving credits and if they waived cancellation fees, they have done more than they are legally obligated to do.

If you write to them, don’t criticize them. Ask them to make an exception.

Reactions: jsn55 and Patina

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
The airlines may be receiving bailouts but it will take much more than federal funds to keep most of them afloat! The airline industry has a huge mountain to climb before they will be 'business as usual.'

Reactions: jsn55 and krisseye