Regent Cruise December 2020

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 12, 2020
we have booked S America Cruise for Dec 2020. Final payment due July 2020. If we pay 100%, we can cancel anytime for 100% “credit” for future cruise.... but lose it all if Norwegian declares bankruptcy. Anyone have ideas?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It’s totally up to you. None of us can say what is going to happen with any cruise line right now. You would need to weigh how much of a monetary risk you are willing to take.

You have plenty of time between now and your final payment due date to see what transpires.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
we have booked S America Cruise for Dec 2020. Final payment due July 2020. If we pay 100%, we can cancel anytime for 100% “credit” for future cruise.... but lose it all if Norwegian declares bankruptcy. Anyone have ideas?
You might consider asking Norwegian to allow you to postpone your cruise until Dec 2021 and pay the final payment in July 2021. This will give you more time to assess the safety of cruising in 2021 and to see how Norwegian weathers the current cruise industry crisis.

It is not clear that cruising will be certified as safe in 2020. And, yes, some cruise lines may not survive the current worldwide pandemic.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Most cruise lines haven’t issued anything canceling cruises past May or June. It simply isn’t possible to predict that now.

I agree with weihlac- look at cruises for next year and try to move your cruise to then. Or if you are really concerned- cancel outright.

We have a cruise scheduled for November and I’m not worried about it now.

Reactions: jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm looking at a couple of refundable cruises just like you are; one is NCL Mediterranean over Christmas. You're wise to consider corporate financial strength ... the cash drain on travel providers is going to be unfathomable.

My Chase CSR travel insurance covers insolvency ... but I must have a trip booked to use that benefit, I don't think they'd cover a "future credit". So I'll make my final payment on time and if things are looking ugly in October/November, I'll cancel and pick a cruise for next year, transferring our money to the new cruise.