• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 15, 2020
I originally had a flight for April and booked through Expedia (mistake number 1 apparently). I had been emailed that it is suggested that I rebook my flight due to COVID. So I did, BUT they wouldn’t let me add insurance to it just in case something happened with COVID for when I rebooked.

Fast-forward to May, my flight times were changed without me receiving an email until a week after so I found out by double checking my flight times through google. I accepted. THEN the other day they changed them AGAIN. Now it is to the point where the flight changes have now shaved off a day and a half from my visit home and the times are so drastically different that I’m concerned on how to even get to the airport. For instance, it is now a departing flight for 6 am instead of 5 pm!

I contacted Expedia via phone and they were going to check with delta to see if I could rebook or get a refund. Email response is attached.

So currently - I’m either stuck with these flights that I don’t know if I can even get to now OR cancel and lose my money OR rebook and have to pay $200 as a fee.

my issue is that none of this was due to me? It was suggested I rebook so I did. Now they’re changing flights and won’t let me get a refund Because I rescheduled like they said to?

I do not want an e-credit. The flights are $1700 through delta and $220 through American Airlines for the same day right now.43B3C914-F61B-47E8-9945-85650DF1048D.pngr

Skippy

May 30, 2019
It sounds like you rebooked your original flight, so you already used Delta's policy for one-time changes. But, I'm not sure. Thus, these questions:

Specifically:
- On what dates did you book the original flight?
- For what dates to fly?
- For what itinerary?
- On what date did you rebook the flights?
- For what dates was it rebooked?
- Since you rebooked, have their been any itinerary changes more than an hour?
- Have you done everything through Expedia?
- Was the trip part of a package, a tour, or combo -- or did you only book a flight through Expedia?

You might be stuck, and it might be Expedia's fault for miscommunication. Don't get too optimistic, but let's see if we can help.

• Love
Reactions: Patina and jsn55
Jun 15, 2020
It sounds like you rebooked your original flight, so you already used Delta's policy for one-time changes. But, I'm not sure. Thus, these questions:

Specifically:
- On what dates did you book the original flight?
- For what dates to fly?
- For what itinerary?
- On what date did you rebook the flights?
- For what dates was it rebooked?
- Since you rebooked, have their been any itinerary changes more than an hour?
- Have you done everything through Expedia?
- Was the trip part of a package, a tour, or combo -- or did you only book a flight through Expedia?

You might be stuck, and it might be Expedia's fault for miscommunication. Don't get too optimistic, but let's see if we can help.

Yes i had rebooked my original flight, but had received an email suggesting i do so (attached). I wasn't allowed to add insurance even though i was issues an e-credit and booked an entirely new flight.

-Original flight booked on: Jan 20th through expedia
-Original flight dates: April 7-13
-Itinerary: xxxxxxxx
-Flight credit issues : March 27
-Rebooked on April 21
-New Flight dates: July 8-14
-Flight changes:
1st time on June 6th:
  • For july 8th - departure originally 7:45 am -> changed to 6:10 am
  • For july 8th - arrival originally 2:56 pm -> changed to 5:14 pm
  • (3 hours and 45 minutes difference from original booking)
  • For july 14th - departure originally 6:06 pm -> changed to 1:30 pm
  • For july 14th - arrival originally 9:53 pm -> changed to 8:30 pm
  • (5 hrs and 15 minutes difference from original booking)
  • Also added an addition connecting flight totaling 3 flights
2nd time on June 13th:
  • For july 8th - departure / arrival unchanged from first flight change on june 6th
  • For july 14th - departure originally 1:30 pm -> changed to 6:40 AM
  • For july 14th - arrival originally 8:30 pm -> changed to 4:25 pm
  • (11 hours difference from original booking)
-Yes I have done everything through Expedia (booking, rebooking)
-Only a round trip flight

I hope i answered all this!

Edited by moderator to remove itinerary number.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
These are the times that you find out what you don’t know about booking on your own.

I don’t see anything that says you had to accept the changes they offered. There is not attachment and we would need you to copy and paste what was in the attachment because we don’t like to open attachments. If you do, please remove any identifying information- name, address and itinerary numbers.

In fact you didn’t have to accept them and your option
would have been to leave it alone and hope the airline canceled the flight - then you would have been entitled to a refund.

Since you did change your flight- you have the options you mentioned- either wait and hope they cancel the flight or cancel
and accept a penalty. And worse- you have to do it through
Expedia.

Please read #4 in this:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am so sorry, Meg, this is a real mess; albeit a tidy one. The dear folks at Expedia have rebooked you to lose valuable time with your family. You need to find out what their rules are about the amount of time the changes affect, and whether you are able to cancel for a full refund. I would look at the available flights and see if there are better alternatives for you. There may not be anything you want, so you should compose a polite, concise email to Expedia requesting a refund. I'm hoping one of my other colleagues is familiar with Expedia's rules on flight changes. I wish you luck, please let us know the outcome.