Proper prior planning ....

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@technomage1 ... I'm with you. I also found it interesting that he didn't try to rent clubs, at least for the opening round and withdrew so quickly.

Nov 14, 2016
@technomage1 ... I'm with you. I also found it interesting that he didn't try to rent clubs, at least for the opening round and withdrew so quickly.
Renting clubs would be akin to a F1 driver jumping into a stock car and trying to drive the race with no practice. They'll get around the track but their time won't be very good. The same goes here. He could play 18 with rented clubs but it's probably fruitless because he'd be at a major competitive disadvantage.

Kudos to AA for their response here and them pushing back later on when it turned out that he just neglected to get his gear. I don't know about Miami but in some airports large items like skis and golf clubs come off on a separate carousel. Either way this guy didn't leave himself anywhere near enough time. His tee time was at 7:24. He landed at 4:45. Jupiter Hills Golf Course is an hour and a half away from Miami International Airport. Who in their right mind would think that you could land at 4:45 AM, disembark, go through customs, get to the luggage area, get your luggage, get the shuttle to the rental area, rent the car, drive 1.5 hours and still be ready to tee off at 7:24 AM? Insane. Again, kudos to AA for slapping this moron down in a gentle way.

ADM

Apr 10, 2017
He also could have used the services of Ship Sticks. I agree it was very poor planning on his part.