Princess Cruise refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 18, 2018
Princess offered two options, I selected the option to receive 100% of the amount I paid and a 50% off next cruise. How long will it take for the fund to be placed back into my bank account? It has been almost ten days so far and still they have my money.

May 30, 2019
Given that the wait is > 30 days and most credit cards have a policy around how long a dispute can be file, would it be prudent for the OP to file a dispute with the credit card to protect the OP's billing rights, on the basis that a service was not provided and a refund was not provided on a timely basis? Or would this be shooting oneself in the foot by complicating the situation?

Reactions: Patina

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
My wife had a chat with our errors and omissions insurance company who advised her that these type of chargebacks can be considered consumer fraud. According to our errors and omission insurance company, credit card companies are overwhelmed with these type of disputes and they may not honor them because the contract that everyone agreed to at time of booking is what is enforceable.

This is going to be interesting to see how all this is going to be handled, since the cruise lines not registered in the US were not included in the federal bailout. However, from
what we’ve heard, the cruise lines have secured their own private funding so that’s why they are asking people to be patient.

Reactions: Carrie Livingston

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Given that the wait is > 30 days and most credit cards have a policy around how long a dispute can be file, would it be prudent for the OP to file a dispute with the credit card to protect the OP's billing rights, on the basis that a service was not provided and a refund was not provided on a timely basis? Or would this be shooting oneself in the foot by complicating the situation?
Skippy, I don't see this situation as a candidate for a credit card dispute in any form. It's totally unreasonable to expect travel providers to provide refunds when they're still dealing with live problems. There are still ships on the high sea with sick and deceased pax and no port to call home. Travellers whose trip is cancelled, and who have issues with the amounts due on their cards need to contact the CC issuer. All kinds of things can be worked out so the consumer isn't liable for large interest and/or late payment fees. About the only thing you can count on right now is that whatever's in place today will change by tomorrow.

Jun 27, 2017
This is from the Princess website:
Updated March 20, 2020 5:00PM PT
Processing Time for Refunds
Thank you for your patience during this time. Given the volume of refund requests and the care being dedicated to ensure each guest’s request is processed accurately and in a coordinated manner, please allow for approximately 60 days for refunds to be processed. All refunds will be processed in due course, but delays should be anticipated. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible.

Reactions: Patina and jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is from the Princess website:
Updated March 20, 2020 5:00PM PT
Processing Time for Refunds
Thank you for your patience during this time. Given the volume of refund requests and the care being dedicated to ensure each guest’s request is processed accurately and in a coordinated manner, please allow for approximately 60 days for refunds to be processed. All refunds will be processed in due course, but delays should be anticipated. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible.
I think this is clever. Travel providers' accounting departments have probably never worked so hard in their lives. This kind of pro-active information at least cuts down on the irate pax who think they are the only ones impacted by corona and demand a refund immediately. They'll still call, but a low-level employee can field those calls and just listen to them rant. Thanks for posting this.