Priceline refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 27, 2020
Long time reader. Love the work and help everyone gives.
Question: i recently booked a hidden fair on price line from Paris to Toronto, under premium economy. But when i got my ticket it was economy. I called in and asked what was my options or am I stuck with the ticket. The agent told me since there was a mistake, they would do a exception and cancel and refund the whole total. I was pleasantly surprised by this as I figured I would be stuck with the ticket (not the end of the world). I asked for a email and he said one would be sent out automatically (i know a mistake). when i saw the cancellation, they just refunded the taxes pending..... any advice? If i knew it was the taxes only, i would have kept the full flight.....

Thanks for the help!!!

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Your only option, I believe, is to appeal this result to Priceline. State only that:
  • You chose Premium Economy and received Regular Economy
  • Their phone representative promised to cancel and refund the entire fare
  • The cancellation notice showed a refund of only the taxes
Here are some composition guidelines . . .
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite, as that increases the likelihood of success
Do not attach files - their email system may discard your message before anyone reads it
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level shown in our Company Contacts list (expand "ONLINE TRAVEL BOOKING SITES")
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks!
I plan on following all advice given in forums :).
I talked twice to them and they did say they will process the whole refund. I guess I'll wait to see what my CC shows! This is an amazing community

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Glad you're getting the help you need; I hope it comes through. Just book directly with hotels and airlines in future. If the trip is complicated, engage an experienced travel agent.