Priceline Hotel booking refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 1, 2018
no no so there are 3 hotels in this scenario.
the first hotel that was misrepresented was refunded by agoda.
the second hotel which i am trying to get a refund on was booked by accident.
the third hotel which we did stay at and double charged me.

its okay, i am sure i can get the refund for the double charge and the 2nd hotel ill have to eat.
This story has more twists and turns than an M. Night Shyamalan film! We don't really like suspenseful stories here. Giving clear answers to the questions being posed here would really help us help you.

OK so let's break this down:
Hotel 1 - No action here since you have already been refunded.
Hotel 2 - You booked a non-refundable rate it but didn't feel like actually staying there. You're gonna have to eat the cost on that. There's no basis for a refund here.
Hotel 3 - You actually stayed here but you were charged by both the OTA and the hotel. Seems that you are owed a refund from the hotel for the double charge. Could you specify which OTA you used and the name/location of the hotel so we may direct you to the correct point of contact?

Reactions: jsmithw and JMLamb
Jun 24, 2019
Make sure you actually were charged twice at the last hotel- hotels do run a card through due incidentals that falls off in a few days or is refunded at check out if it was charged twice and one charge doesn’t fall off you should easily be able to file a dispute as long as you are using a credit card. Debit card can be a different story.
pretty sure these charges will stick as one is by priceline and one is by the hotel. :eek:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
He says the one from the hotel is “security deposit”- not the same as Priceline charging him for the room. Most hotels charge a fee for incidentals that is refunded at check out. It’s not really a double charge.

Jun 24, 2019
He says the one from the hotel is “security deposit”- not the same as Priceline charging him for the room. Most hotels charge a fee for incidentals that is refunded at check out. It’s not really a double charge.
I am saying that they got my credit card from the security deposit. They also charged the full 1400 amount. I have a 1400 dollar charge from priceline and the hotel.

May 1, 2018
How long ago did you check out? If it's been less than 10 days then it's likely to just be an authorization and the charge won't actually post.

Dec 17, 2018
I am saying that they got my credit card from the security deposit. They also charged the full 1400 amount. I have a 1400 dollar charge from priceline and the hotel.
So if you really WERE overcharged, you can DEFINITELY get that refunded. You can do a chargeback on the second charge and show the credit card company that you paid Priceline and then the hotel charged you again. Just make sure there really ARE two charges and that one doesn't fall off as a pending charge.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Last edited by a moderator: