Please Help, Venmo Problem!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 28, 2020
Hey guys, thank you for even bothering to look at my thread and trying to help me out. I sent a venmo payment to somebody and it said congrats on your first venmo payment it went through. The person I sent money to didn't receive anything, I have 0 transaction history, nothing in my purchases, and I went to Venmo website to look at my statement and there is nothing.

To be honest I'm hoping the money didn't go through because I regret paying this person in the first place.. is there a chance it didn't go through, which I think is unlikely considering it said it did go through in the beginning.

Just some info: I paid from a credit card, I paid around 3:30 today...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you check your credit card to see if it was charged? Are you sure you used the right email address?

You can’t change your mind once you Venmo- your money is gone and it’s nearly impossible to get back once it’s sent. And if you sent it to the wrong email address, you also might not see that money again.

Venmo is the same as using cash- be very careful and read all the terms and conditions before sending anything.

May 28, 2020
Can't check my credit card right now to see if it was charged, it's not a big deal it was only 100 bucks, but at the same time I find it so weird there is nothing on venmo saying the money was sent. Also, it wasn't sent through this person to email but scanning the code feature that venmo offers.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
It's all run by computers, so you never know. I'd give it a week to show up on your credit card, and if it doesn't, the transaction probably never happened. But some day that $100 could get processed and the computer isn't smart enough to give you notice. All the new technology is great fun ... until it costs you money and there's nothing you can do about it.