please help me my facebook account has been disabled

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Do not write to all the contacts at once- start at the bottom and wait a week, then move to the next contact - repeat weekly.

Read this and follow it exactly:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Facebook is a privilege and not a right and they can ban you whether you “need” access or not. But give them a try. Be sure to clearly state you have learned your lesson and now understand there might have been copyright infringement that you didn’t understand when you were banned.

Good luck and tell us how you make out.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
During my studies, I will be alternating. The company in question will make me work on Facebook, FB will not be the only social network that I will frequent, but this network will be part of my tasks. Hence the need to be on this social network. Without that, I would not have made my request. I've been banned since July 2017, it's already been two and a half years.
You need to move forward with the very strong likelihood that you will NOT regain access to Facebook. Attempting to set up another account with FB will also likely fail. If your future plans absolutely require FB access you need to make new plans. FB has no reason to reverse the 2017 ban and you should not expect them to reverse their decision as pointed out in post #20..

Reactions: BittyBoo

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
You need to move forward with the very strong likelihood that you will NOT regain access to Facebook. Attempting to set up another account with FB will also likely fail. If your future plans absolutely require FB access you need to make new plans. FB has no reason to reverse the 2017 ban and you should not expect them to reverse their decision as pointed out in post #20..
100% agree. You definitely should make alternative plans that don't include Facebook. Realize that FB and other social media exists to serve the advertisers who pay them money and not the millions of users who utilize their platform free of charge.

Reactions: kenish
Apr 3, 2016
During my studies, I will be alternating. The company in question will make me work on Facebook, FB will not be the only social network that I will frequent, but this network will be part of my tasks. Hence the need to be on this social network. Without that, I would not have made my request. I've been banned since July 2017, it's already been two and a half years.
You need to honest with the company and tell them you are currently banned from facebook. They may be able to tailor a position that does not involve facebook. Better to be up front now than take a job you know you will currently not be able to perform.

Jan 10, 2020
Good morning all. I warn you, this message will be quite long, but there has been a lot of change in my situation.

Friday, I sent an email to Facebook support, I had no response but it's normal, I'm waiting for a response but I doubt receiving it. We'll see.

However, I found that there were changes in the reasons for my suspension. So far, Facebook has told me that my suspension was due to copyright videos. Today, they just tell me that they deleted a reported video but that if my account was deactivated, it was for the following reasons:

- Alleged trademark infringement
- Impersonation of an entity.

You should know that, since the arrival of the new OM leaders, the leaders report all pages containing the name "OM". If we put "Marseille Olympic" but OM is considered "plagiarism" and they report it as soon as the page begins to have a certain audience. Obviously, I was not aware of this and I learned much later that the suspension of my page, many other people suffered the same thing

I also received a response from Facebook support (automatic mail, not the ones I contacted), and they replied:

Hi,

As a user of Facebook, you have agreed to our Terms of Service, which state that users are prohibited from taking any action on Facebook that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.

You cannot use Facebook to create new accounts if we have previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.

Accordingly, your accounts have been disabled and you are no longer permitted to use Facebook.

Thanks,

Richie
Facebook

Even if the hope is very slim, there is still the hope of telling me that OM can do something, this is my last chance. If necessary, I will be forced to find an alternative to Facebook, but it may be complicated.

In any case, thank you all for taking the time to read me and respond.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It is possible that the owner of the videos were the ones that filed the complaints and if that’s the case Facebook had no choice.

I really recommend finding an alternative. Many people use Instagram now more then FB. Just be careful of what you post- you should only post your own content.

Jan 10, 2020
Honestly I have very little hope of coming back to Facebook one day. The very small hope that remains for me is if OM remove the report but hey, that too is unlikely.

In any case I will speak to my future company so that they are aware and that they do not put me on FB. At worst, there is always the possibility of creating an anonymous account (without my name or surname) which I will only use there.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Honestly I have very little hope of coming back to Facebook one day. The very small hope that remains for me is if OM remove the report but hey, that too is unlikely.

In any case I will speak to my future company so that they are aware and that they do not put me on FB. At worst, there is always the possibility of creating an anonymous account (without my name or surname) which I will only use there.
That is clearly against their policy. They are able to find you based on your ISP, just like we can . I would not recommend even trying that.

Aug 29, 2018
The company in question will make me work on Facebook, FB will not be the only social network that I will frequent, but this network will be part of my tasks.
Caveat:I am not a in any way affiliated with Facebook.

If the employer is expecting you to work on FB, it is possible they already have their own business page on which you will be working. You may not need your own personal page.

Reactions: Neil Maley
Sep 18, 2018
I really recommend finding an alternative. Many people use Instagram now more then FB. Just be careful of what you post- you should only post your own content.
Facebook owns Instagram, so it would be interesting to see if the ban extends to that platform. Since there already is integration between the two platforms, I'm guessing that the OC is banned there, too.

If the employer is expecting you to work on FB, it is possible they already have their own business page on which you will be working. You may not need your own personal page.
This is true, if the company uses an outside platform like SalesForce Marketing Cloud's Social Studio to manage its Facebook page. But any Facebook platform, including Business Manager, requires a personal Facebook profile to log in, even if what you're posting appears as being from the company.

Jan 10, 2020
I have been on Instagram for a very long time and I had no problems, however I also use my first and last name and my Instagram account was even associated with my FB account

Feb 10, 2020
Good morning all. I warn you, this message will be quite long, but there has been a lot of change in my situation.

Friday, I sent an email to Facebook support, I had no response but it's normal, I'm waiting for a response but I doubt receiving it. We'll see.

However, I found that there were changes in the reasons for my suspension. So far, Facebook has told me that my suspension was due to copyright videos. Today, they just tell me that they deleted a reported video but that if my account was deactivated, it was for the following reasons:

You should know that, since the arrival of the new OM leaders, the leaders report all pages containing the name "OM". If we put "Marseille Olympic" but OM is considered "plagiarism" and they report it as soon as the page begins to have a certain audience. Obviously, I was not aware of this and I learned much later that the suspension of my page, many other people suffered the same thing

I also received a response from Facebook support (automatic mail, not the ones I contacted), and they replied:

Hi,

As a user of Facebook, you have agreed to our Terms of Service, which state that users are prohibited from taking any action on Facebook that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.

You cannot use Facebook to create new accounts if we have previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.

Accordingly, your accounts have been disabled and you are no longer permitted to use Facebook.

Thanks,

Richie
Facebook

Even if the hope is very slim, there is still the hope of telling me that OM can do something, this is my last chance. If necessary, I will be forced to find an alternative to Facebook, but it may be complicated.

Which mail address sent this to you ?

May 22, 2020

Hi,

Thanks,

Richie
Facebook

I have the same problem. but I think Facebook will never forgive me.
Now pandemic Facebook is reliable. Online classes are starting now. and now I just looking to my disabled account and wanting to kill myself rn.
I see a lot of warning messages from my different teachers. in my Gmail account. they don't believe what I say.

Hi,

As a user of Facebook, you have agreed to our Statement of Rights & Responsibilities, which states that users are prohibited from taking any action on Facebook that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law. When we receive a proper claim of intellectual property rights infringement, we promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. We also terminate the accounts of repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.

We previously warned you that if you continued to infringe the rights of third parties, we would terminate your account. Accordingly, your account has been disabled and you are no longer permitted to use Facebook.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Roy
Facebook