Paypal permanently limit my account for 180 days

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 29, 2020
good day everyone
am new here paypal choose to limit my account since January all the mail i send to them they choose to ignore, i have write BBB and even their executive but they choose to stand where they are that is refusing to remove limit on my account

Jul 13, 2016
What does the limit involve? Is the account frozen? Are you limited to a certain number of transactions, or a certain monetary limit to each transaction?

Jun 29, 2020
Why did they limit the account? Did you do something that was against their rules?
though i may not no the cause of permanently limit of my account but i can remember linking the same debit card to the two of my paypal account. that is have one card link to my paypal account at the same time that the only the thing i can remember and after like 24 hour i saw a message from them that my account has been permanently limit[/QUOTE]

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Here are our contacts for PayPal:

Here is our post to follow telling you how to contact them and create a paper trail. Follow this exactly as it tells you how to write:

We see this when someone violates their terms and conditions and it is rare to have the decision overturned but give it a try.

Reactions: Skippy
Jun 29, 2020
thank for the reply am grateful though i have made a mistake of trying to push all my request at a time to all involve to resolve my issue, thinking to get a fast response and saw them all bounce back in fact this your message is an eye opener to me i appreciate and am going to applied them thank you am most grateful you guys are doing a great job keep it up

May 21, 2020
near Charlotte, NC
I’ve had two PayPal business accounts for years. Each is a LLC. Each one has its own email address and financial information. There is no overlap between these two accounts. I think the problem OP has might be that the same debit card (it’s a personal debit card?) and possibly other financial information is linked to two separate business accounts with PayPal.

Is your bank account also linked to both accounts? From what I remember when trying to link a bank account to a 2nd PayPal account (this was a long time ago) I received a warning that if I did that, I would have to wait for approval and wouldn’t be able to use the account until then. Did you get that warning?

Reactions: Pixie Pie
Jul 13, 2016
I don't believe you are allowed to have two business accounts. You can have a personal account and a business account. You may have multiple businesses using the one business account. But each of the two accounts must have separate emails and separate credit card/debit cards linked. So, it appears that you have violated multiple PP rules, hence the limitations.

Reactions: Mel65
Jun 29, 2020
n
I’ve had two PayPal business accounts for years. Each is a LLC. Each one has its own email address and financial information. There is no overlap between these two accounts. I think the problem OP has might be that the same debit card (it’s a personal debit card?) and possibly other financial information is linked to two separate business accounts with PayPal.

Is your bank account also linked to both accounts? From what I remember when trying to link a bank account to a 2nd PayPal account (this was a long time ago) I received a warning that if I did that, I would have to wait for approval and wouldn’t be able to use the account until then. Did you get that warning?
no am operating from Nigeria with a UAE paypal, Paypal doesn't allow our country account receive payment so i have to open that with UAE

Jun 29, 2020
I believe the problem is one debit card for 2 accounts. That’s why you’ll have to deal with PayPal.
i sense so as well but making PP to look into my issue have been difficult i have even once call their customer service and they tell me the decision to limit my account is Final. i have used BBB to write them with no head way, i really need solution to this

Jun 29, 2020
I don't believe you are allowed to have two business accounts. You can have a personal account and a business account. You may have multiple businesses using the one business account. But each of the two accounts must have separate emails and separate credit card/debit cards linked. So, it appears that you have violated multiple PP rules, hence the limitations.
I just tell you that i have more than four account

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sorry you are going through this. I advise that you carefully read all the rules and regulations of PayPal to see what triggered their action. If you have already been informed that their decision is final, it will take a great deal of effort for you to prove to them that you have followed all their policies properly. PayPal is an entity run by computers, so customer service is very limited. I wish we could help you.

smd

Mar 14, 2018
no am operating from Nigeria with a UAE paypal, Paypal doesn't allow our country account receive payment so i have to open that with UAE
I think you've answered why Paypal closed your accounts. As you've said, Paypal does not allow Nigeria-based accounts to receive payments due to the high levels of fraud.

Paypal UAE is only for UAE-based businesses. When you opened you 4 accounts, did you provide the correct address and phone number for the businesses?

Jun 29, 2020
Somebody should please help me this the kind of response I get from PayPal I don't know what to do again

Edit
PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations Ref:xxxxxx ZB
7/5/20 at 10:15 am
Case Reference: XXXXXX
5 July 2020
Dear Kieran Obioma,
Thank you for your email in relation to the limitation on your account and funds on hold. Your complaint has been forwarded to the Executive Escalations department for review. Please allow me to offer a further explanation concerning your issue.
I regret the concern that has been caused in relation to this matter.
Mr Obioma, having reviewed the account I regret to inform that we have made a final decision to limit your account permanently (case ID XXXXXXXX). A review of your PayPal account with the registered email address, my mail shows that on 31 January 2020, we determined to withdraw our services on this account because of security issues, which were in breach of our User Agreement.
Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose the exact details, which resulted in your account closure. We are making every effort to minimize any disruption to your account. I can confirm that the outcome of this decision will not be changed and has been carried out per our User Agreement under Restricted Activities and Holds. In accordance with our agreed terms of use, we may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account or our Services, or your funds for up to 180 days if we believe that your account or activities pose a significant risk to us, you, or our users.
As there is money in your account balance, it will be held for 180 days (from the date of the last payment you received) to cover any disputes that might be opened by the senders’ of the payments. After 180 days, we may ask you to provide us with a proof of identity and a proof of address before you can withdraw any remaining balance, however, as per our User Agreement we may hold funds in the Reserve Account for more than 180 days if so required by PayPal.
I understand that this is not the answer you were hoping for; however; I can assure you that all actions taken in this case have been done so following our agreed terms of use.
Please be advised that due to Data Protection and for security reasons we are unable to disclose any information about third party accounts. In order to review this matter, please contact us from the email address that was registered to a PayPal account in question.
I trust that the above provides further clarification on this matter. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on there mail.
Thank you for taking the time to contact PayPal.
Yours sincerely,
Zanna Bailey
Executive Escalations
PayPal

Edited by moderator to remove dispute and case numbers.

Last edited: