Paypal Dispute Denied - Fully Investigation Wasn't Conducted & They will NOT open

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 8, 2020
I've been a Paypal customer since the 90's. In all that time, I've only had 2 -- yes TWO issues. This latest issue is one that both baffles and infuriates me. It's difficult enough Paypal Representatives, due to the coronavirus are not available via phone contact. Here is my issue: On Mar 25, 2020 I made a purchase for a 5TB Seagate portable hard drive. On March 26, I contacted the Seller asking for confirmation of my order. I had already received the Paypal transaction receipt immediately after payment. The Seller, sent me on Mar 28, a copy of the Paypal transaction receipt with a tracking number number that had INCORRECT and INACCURATE shipping information. . When I checked the tracking number it shows (and still does) that the package was delivered to my area and left on the porch. I did NOT receive any package left on my door. Usually, if a package is left for me (and due to the virus -- EVERYONE is ordered to stay home) the UPS driver will know on the door to let me know. I found this strange that a package would be left on my porch and UPS not knock and notify me it was there.

So, I called UPS directly and gave the tracking information to find out why I did not get the package. UPS told informed me that "yes" a package WAS delivered to my area, but that the addressee on the package was NOT me, , and further that the address on the package was mine. When you put in the tracking number given by the Seller, it only says delivered to someone but not ME who lives in this area. Generally, I get updates of a shipment via UPS coming my way. I received NO such communication, that's because the package was shipped to different address and recipient. Shaken by what I had just learned, I asked the agent to connect me to a supervisor at UPS and she did indeed confirm that I was NOT the addressee on the package with that tracking number, NOR was it my address on it.

I contacted Paypal to open a dispute. A week or so later, they sent me a decision DENYING my claim -- based only on the tracking information supplied by the Seller. When I contacted UPS and learned of the tracking information discrepancy and what options I had, UPS asked to me to contact the Seller (which I did immediately upon finding out this information so he could put a "tracer" on the package he could verify himself that the shipping label tied to the tracking number was delivered to another addressee on the label and not me. Through email, (the only contact) I notified Paypal and again, they would not change the decision. I reiterated that there is CLEAR evidence , verifiable through United Postal Service did not receive the package. The amount I paid was $54.49. I've tried in vain, to get in contact with the seller. I've sent several emails, they've gone unanswered, Paypal REFUSES to re-open the claim and re-investigate when there is proof the item was never delivered to my address. UPS said Paypal can call as the investigating agent and they can supply them who the actual recipient was and the address i t was delivered to, but they won't open the case back up. These are tough times, I don't have $54.49 just to give away. I'm supposed to be protected against such fraudulent activity and this case it IS -- the Seller is not being cooperative nor Paypal.

United Parcel Service (UPS) stated that the information with that tracking number CAN BE provided to (Paypal), the shipping details. Due to the privacy concerns, United Parcel Service could not disclose that information to me but could and did tell me that I was not the addressed recipient or mailing address on the package was not 2316 Panorama Ln. Paypal rendered the decision without verifying the information and REFUSES to reopen the claim. I can't give the the name of the person or the address shown on the shipping label, because UPS won't give it to me, but will provide it to PAYPAL, but they refuse to investigate further

Apr 8, 2020
Thank you Mr. Elliott for contact me and the potential resources you've provided. I've sent emails to both Mr. Rainey and Dan Schulman. What gets to me is that non receipt and shipping details can be verified with UPS and Paypal refuses to re-open the claim and investigate further. The Seller has not contacted me of UPS regarding the information contained on the shipping label of the package. Doesn't make any sense... and yes, you are right, the 5TB Seagate drives go for @ 109.00 on sale - to $139.00. Doing a Google search, the Seller came up, but never sent confirmation of the order. It was only when I contacted him regarding the order status that tracking information sent only to discover the information contained on that shipping label per UPS did not pertain to me or my address. Hopefully, I can get it resolved and my money refunded.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
Did you use your PayPal credit credit or another payment option attached to your PP account?
If you used a bank credit card, I would suggest you speak to them about this case, as either a charge back for undelivered item or maybe even as a fraud case.

Apr 8, 2020
No, I didn't use my credit card, but rather had the money withdrawn from my checking account linked with Paypal. called Bank of America and unfortunately, because I didn't use the "debit card" as a means of payment, checking account don't qualify for the same guidelines and regrettably, they cannot chargeback the funds withdrawn from my account.

Mel65

Mar 23, 2015
After PayPal sided with the seller on 2 shady claims that I had to make (fortunately the largest being only about $80 total), I stopped using it. The service used to be pretty good, but they quickly became far more seller-centric than advocating for the buyers. I wish you good luck!

Reactions: jsn55