Norwegian's Customer Service is Horrible!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
@jsn55 you don't have a Personal Cruise Consultant? I've got one I can email you if you like. He's booked my cruises for me and seems like a really nice guy. He's from San Juan, PR so if you ever want details on that port, he's got them.
Oooooooo, a personal consultant ... I like that! I have a cracker-jack TA who does nothing but cruises so I'm all set there. I booked it and will transfer over to my TA.
Judy???? You do know that NCL (Norwegian Cruise Lines) is a different company than Norwegian the Airline.... :D
HAH! I was hot on the trail of a really big deal sale at Norwegian Cruise Lines yesterday, reading reviews like mad ... obviously I just jumped into this thread at a weak moment. Thanks for smacking me, JV! I needed it. I just realized that I had read a thread on Cruise Critic about rude CS people at Norwegian Cruise Lines. The plot thickens ... I wonder what I posted on Cruise Critic???

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Oooooooo, a personal consultant ... I like that! I have a cracker-jack TA who does nothing but cruises so I'm all set there. I booked it and will transfer over to my TA.

HAH! I was hot on the trail of a really big deal sale at Norwegian Cruise Lines yesterday, reading reviews like mad ... obviously I just jumped into this thread at a weak moment. Thanks for smacking me, JV! I needed it. I just realized that I had read a thread on Cruise Critic about rude CS people at Norwegian Cruise Lines. The plot thickens ... I wonder what I posted on Cruise Critic???
Just finished paying off a Christmas cruise for the whole family (Kids & grandkids). Not my cup of tea but I will get over with :)
On Norwegian:D

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2016
If you were flying from Barcelona to LAX the check-in times are related to computer lockout and the staff at the desk could NOT check you in. The computers are locked to alow US immigration to process the passenger list. There is NO way around this. Even though you arrived 50 minutes prior to departure you missed the flight check-in and therefore were not allowed to board. This is a hard and fast rule and the check-in counter staff has no discretion. If you do get a reply from Norwegian the answer will still be no.

Since you had two flights that were not connected on the same PNR you needed to leave more time between flights in Barcelona, especially with two flight on two separate tickets. Did you try to check-in online 24 hours in advance?
I'm really speechless, when I read comments, about "missing flights" because the "airline gate agent", is at fault, or that they put us on buses and took 20 minutes to get to the gate, etc. Yes they do things for a reason, and they close doors and refuse loading people after a certain time for a reason. If every passenger would only understand that, but reading the complaints here on the troubleshooter site, everybody feels "special" and should be allowed everything as they think they should. There are rules and regulations everywhere, especially in air travel. Do they remember the "shoe bomber", or the 9/11 or any other "dry run" some ppl. attempt? Please.

Reactions: Student and jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm really speechless, when I read comments, about "missing flights" because the "airline gate agent", is at fault, or that they put us on buses and took 20 minutes to get to the gate, etc. Yes they do things for a reason, and they close doors and refuse loading people after a certain time for a reason. If every passenger would only understand that, but reading the complaints here on the troubleshooter site, everybody feels "special" and should be allowed everything as they think they should. There are rules and regulations everywhere, especially in air travel. Do they remember the "shoe bomber", or the 9/11 or any other "dry run" some ppl. attempt? Please.
You are so right, Maria. I actually enjoy reading the posts from clueless travellers. It's good for my brain to come up with something positive as a response. I also make a game out reading the headine on the original thread and picking out the ones that I know will be both clueless and belligerent. Not sure where the overt entitlement comes from, but I hope it goes away soon. Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: BittyBoo
Dec 20, 2018
You are so right, Maria. I actually enjoy reading the posts from clueless travellers. It's good for my brain to come up with something positive as a response. I also make a game out reading the headine on the original thread and picking out the ones that I know will be both clueless and belligerent. Not sure where the overt entitlement comes from, but I hope it goes away soon. Thanks for posting this.
How fair is it to label people who travel very infrequently as clueless though? Many people only get two weeks of vacation a year from their jobs, and being able to even take a vacation at all, let alone affordtot fly to their destination, is a luxury.

I'm in my mid 40s, and have only flown three times in my life. I've never flown out of the country.

My daughter got to travel to Denmark and Sweden as an 18 year old, on a Girl Scouts trip, and that was a huge deal for us. It took a lot of penny pinching and saving and hunting down sscholarships to pay for it. She was the first person in my very large family to get to travel overseas.

Yes, perhaps some people are best served using a travel agent. But to essentially call everyone with limited travel experience who makes a mistake, willfully ignorant is unfair, and I say, discourages people from wanting to ask for help on forums such as these.

Sep 19, 2015
How fair is it to label people who travel very infrequently as clueless though? Many people only get two weeks of vacation a year from their jobs, and being able to even take a vacation at all, let alone affordtot fly to their destination, is a luxury.

I'm in my mid 40s, and have only flown three times in my life. I've never flown out of the country.

My daughter got to travel to Denmark and Sweden as an 18 year old, on a Girl Scouts trip, and that was a huge deal for us. It took a lot of penny pinching and saving and hunting down sscholarships to pay for it. She was the first person in my very large family to get to travel overseas.

Yes, perhaps some people are best served using a travel agent. But to essentially call everyone with limited travel experience who makes a mistake, willfully ignorant is unfair, and I say, discourages people from wanting to ask for help on forums such as these.
Blossom I suppose what is troublesome is that people will spend time online looking at restaurants, movie reviews, etc. but will not spend time looking for information before booking a trip -- such as booking with a bad third party booking agency and not checking reviews, to not looking at the confirmation within 24 hours, to not checking the passport requirements --- many of the issues could be avoided with a simple google search.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help here before doing any bookings -- but if people are going to take the responsibility of booking their own travel they have to take the responsibility of knowing what they are doing.

There are tools out there that people do not use.

And I admit to being frustrated standing in line for security screening at the airport and seeing all the signs for people to take their keys, cell phones, etc out of pockets and ever so often I get the person trying to walk through the screening with a key ring of jailer's proportions.

But there is tendency of some people to proclaim the airline could have done X -- let me check in late, could have landed during a lightening storm, and then proclaim how the airline is horrible, has no empathy, no customer service etc..... that is different from asking why is there a strict check in time or if it is dangerous to land in a storm. Asking is different from accusing.

Dec 20, 2018
Blossom I suppose what is troublesome is that people will spend time online looking at restaurants, movie reviews, etc. but will not spend time looking for information before booking a trip -- such as booking with a bad third party booking agency and not checking reviews, to not looking at the confirmation within 24 hours, to not checking the passport requirements --- many of the issues could be avoided with a simple google search.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help here before doing any bookings -- but if people are going to take the responsibility of booking their own travel they have to take the responsibility of knowing what they are doing.

And I admit to being frustrated standing in line for security screening at the airport and seeing all the signs for people to take their keys, cell phones, etc out of pockets and ever so often I get the person trying to walk through the screening with a key ring of jailer's proportions.

But there is tendency of some people to proclaim the airline could have done X -- let me check in late, could have landed during a lightening storm, and then proclaim how the airline is horrible, has no empathy, no customer service etc..... that is different from asking why is there a strict check in time or if it is dangerous to land in a storm. Asking is different from accusing.
Fair enough. You make some good points. I do agree that doing little or no research before spending thousands of dollars is baffling.

Reactions: Neil Maley

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014

My other ALL TIME favorite is the CS or GA was Rude and why might that be? Well it’s always because they said NO. The close runner up is the Agent has no Empathy!!! And yes, because the said NO, and who ever paid an employee to have Empathy?

Sep 19, 2015
My other ALL TIME favorite is the CS or GA was Rude and why might that be? Well it’s always because they said NO. The close runner up is the Agent has no Empathy!!! And yes, because the said NO, and who ever paid an employee to have Empathy?
The agent was RUDE and had no EMPATHY when they denied my emotional support Wildebeest on the flight! How could they! He's my baby and has an ID card that I got online! Vests do not come in the right sizes for Wildebeests otherwise I would have bought one.

But in all seriousness, Blossom feel free to ask, we do not mean to scare you off -and please do ask if you have questions.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco

I apologize for not being more clear, Blossom. I will go back and edit my post if I'm giving the wrong impression. I have NEVER thought that all inexperienced travellers are clueless. I mean, that's what we do on this forum, isn't it? We help inexperienced travellers extricate themselves from problems. And, if I can be immodest, we're quite good at it.

Clueless travellers, on the other hand, don't bother to do even the most basic research, buy the cheapest hotel or flight they can find, handing over thousands of their hard-earned dollars to some faceless internet entity. They don't pull out passports of family members for whom they're booking travel, they don't inspect a rental car before leaving the lot, they book honeymoons and the bride changes her name at the wedding, they show up late at the airport and scream at the agents when they're denied boarding. They accuse gate agents of ruining their trip when the GA is only doing her job, they gate-check rollaboards full of fragile valuables and strollers that cost hundreds of dollars. I could go on, but I hope I've made my point. I do travel a great deal, and have for years; I can count on one hand the number of air or hotel people I've encountered who were obnoxious. "The public" bashing airline and hotel people makes me crazy. Travellers should realize that these people got their jobs in the first place because they enjoy working with and helping people. All you have to do is treat them like a human being and they'll try their best to help you. Sure there are some bad apples, but they stand out pretty clearly; the rest do not need to be abused while trying to do their jobs ... and in the case of the airlines, their jobs get more stressful every month. While my colleagues and I enjoy helping people solve problems, my first love is helping people plan a trip properly, that's very satisfying and interesting. So no way would I ever consider an inexperienced traveller clueless. Sometimes we use the term "inexperienced traveller" so as not to offend them because what they're telling us is just plain strange and we don't know what else to say politely.

Last edited:

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
The agent was RUDE and had no EMPATHY when they denied my emotional support Wildebeest on the flight! How could they! He's my baby and has an ID card that I got online! Vests do not come in the right sizes for Wildebeests otherwise I would have bought one.

But in all seriousness, Blossom feel free to ask, we do not mean to scare you off -and please do ask if you have questions.
While your comment about the wildebeest is funny, here is a real article about an emotional support animal (ESA) which/who is an alligator (get it ESA =emotional support alligator) and he will see you later.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article
"The vast majority of emotional support animals are dogs, but some Americans turn to a wide variety of other species. Wally the alligator was approved by his owner’s doctor in York, Pa., as an alternative to taking medication for depression. "

Reactions: krisseye