No Response from Aegean Airlines

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 27, 2020
My husband and I were in Athens, Greece when the pandemic and US travel ban was announced. At the same time, Greece was announcing the closure of all schools. We abruptly ended our trip and flew home on March 12th.
We were scheduled to fly from Athens to Santorini on Friday, March 20th. That flight was cancelled.

I have tried to call Aegaen Airlines and they do not answer their phone. The number I called is +30 210 626 100. Sometimes I receive a message that says "I cannot make calls to this number". Other times I actually get through to a voice recording. After about 15 minutes the call is ended with a message that says, "Please try your call later." I just tried again today, which is over a month since the cancelled flight. I got through to the voice recording, but the call was ended after 15 minutes.

I do not believe this airline is behaving ethically, and perhaps have a way to screen calls such as mine so the call goes unanswered.

Are you able to help me obtain a refund of 319 euros which is the cost of our flight.
Our booking number is VQMZ9A.
The ticket number for Carol Jones is 390-xxxxxxxxx.
The ticket number for David Jones is 390-xxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks so much for all you do for travelers

Note: Edited by a moderator to remove ticket numbers

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2020
I booked directly through Aegean Airlines. I tried to cancel the flight but could not reach Aegean. I saw online they had suspended all travel by March 20th.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You need to find out if they actually flew that flight. Did you go online and try to cancel

Here are our company contacts:

Here is how to write:

I am sure they are absolutely swamped right now so be patient.

Reactions: Patina
Apr 27, 2020
You need to find out if they actually flew that flight. Did you go online and try to cancel

Here are our company contacts:

Here is how to write:

I am sure they are absolutely swamped right now so be patient.
I understand being swamped. In trying to get to their website and submit a cancellation or a request, I receive a message that says my request did not go through.....try again. I have repeatedly received the message even though all info has been completed and I have the go ahead to "submit."

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I understand being swamped. In trying to get to their website and submit a cancellation or a request, I receive a message that says my request did not go through.....try again. I have repeatedly received the message even though all info has been completed and I have the go ahead to "submit."
Click on my post #4- our contacts for Aegean are there.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is surely frustrating, but it's definitely not unethical. It's very possible that the airline has nobody working customer service or IT. I'm still not clear whether you were able to cancel that 3/20 flight. If you didn't cancel, you are listed as a no-show and there will be no refund.

Under the extreme circumstances, however, I think you have a chance at a refund by writing to the airline as Neil outlines. Compose a concise, polite email and follow our guidance. Be prepared to wait a very long time. I would allow a month between submissions. Getting back home safely was the number one priority, and I'm glad you were able to come home promptly.

smd

Mar 14, 2018
I booked directly through Aegean Airlines. I tried to cancel the flight but could not reach Aegean. I saw online they had suspended all travel by March 20th.
Aegean didn't suspend all travel. They did suspend international flights, but this occurred about a week after your flight. Even today, they are still flying from Athens to Santorini, although perhaps not at the times you booked.

They claim they would have emailed or texted you if your flight was cancelled. If you never heard anything, as jsn said your flight may have operated and you may have been a no-show.

If your flight was cancelled, all they appear to be offering is a voucher--not a refund. You need to apply here. Is this the form that isn't working?

smd

Mar 14, 2018
Bad news about getting a refund: The Greek government has passed a regulation saying that Greek airlines, ferries and hotels can provide vouchers rather than refunds when they cancel bookings due to COVID19.

Reactions: Patina
May 30, 2020
I am in a similar boat but mine is upcoming and has been cancelled with my booking nowhere to be found. I have called and called and line always goes dead. Online form does not work but I did finally find a link to request a voucher. I have finally given up on getting through to anyone and just requested the vouchers. Hopefully at least that works until I have to try again later to get a refund. I read somewhere on their website that they would only issue a voucher and then if the voucher was not able to be used within a year then you can request a refund. It seriously stinks that there is no way to get through and not just a regular email address because the form just keeps giving an error.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sure this is one of those situations where you just "try again" every Tuesday at 3pm (or whenever) and one day your request will be accepted, they'll respond, and the issue resolved. We were all sailing along, performing miracles on our computers, booking this, booking that ... I suspect many corporations have reduced their CS phone-answering people gradually over the last few years. You can't get anything but basic help from a computer, so now we wait ... and wait.

I remember rolling into SFO at 530am years ago when Continental had just unveiled their "self check-in kiosks". An agent was bouncing around helping people, so excited about these wonderful new kiosks. I thought "doesn't she realize that this wonderful kiosk is going to eliminate her job? Pretty soon there will be no human help. If you can't get along with the computer, too bad". We are VERY close to that today, and this virus has spotlighted the issue. Patience and persistence, that's what will work. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

Apr 27, 2020
Thanks for providing the link to the voucher - I will give that a try. I did not have success pursuing whether or not my flight flew - Aegean did not respond to my e-mail.