No Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 28, 2020
I was scheduled to take a trip on Frontier during April. Living in Maine, I decided that Florida would not be a good place for my wife and I to be during the current Coronavirus outbreak. I am a retired school administrator and have two underlying conditions that made it unsafe to travel. I cancelled the flight in mid March. I called today to seek a refund because, we are not comfortable flying anywhere now or in the foreseeable future given the risks involved. I was told that I could not get a refund, only a voucher or miles. I want neither.
I can assure you that, given the lack of flexibility on the part of Frontier, I will be alerting all my friends and family through all means possible if this situation and the way Frontier handles it.

• Angry
Reactions: Skippy

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I’m sorry to say if the airline canceled your flight, you would be entitled to a refund. They most likely didn’t cancel and flew. When you cancel the flight- you are only due a credit and if it’s non-refundable ticket, they don’t have to refund you at all. But most airlines as a courtesy are offering credits.

Wish I had better news.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I was scheduled to take a trip on Frontier during April. Living in Maine, I decided that Florida would not be a good place for my wife and I to be during the current Coronavirus outbreak. I am a retired school administrator and have two underlying conditions that made it unsafe to travel. I cancelled the flight in mid March. I called today to seek a refund because, we are not comfortable flying anywhere now or in the foreseeable future given the risks involved. I was told that I could not get a refund, only a voucher or miles. I want neither.
I can assure you that, given the lack of flexibility on the part of Frontier, I will be alerting all my friends and family through all means possible if this situation and the way Frontier handles it.
If you cancel a typical economy ticket you will get either nothing, if it is non-refundable, or a voucher. You will not get a refund unless the airline cancels your flight.

This is the same on United, American, and Delta. There is nothing different about the Frontier policy.

Reactions: justlisa and Warren
May 30, 2019
If that is your threshold for being a negative influence, then you should also advise your friends & family not to fly any airline. During a non-pandemic time, you would receive no refund or credit. Given that you cancelled the flight during a pandemic, a credit is appropriate. Miles would be even better in your case (something the other airlines don't offer in this case), because then you can use your miles to purchase a ticket for someone else.

Reactions: Warren

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Frontier is a no-frills airline. Booking the "cheapest" is usually a mistake; they're cheap for a reason: little customer service. But it sounds like they have behaved well here. Were you unaware of their policy before you booked? We always advise people to read and understand all the terms and conditions before purchasing travel.

Reactions: Skippy and Patina