Moving to Chile from US customs questions

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 6, 2019
I am a French citizen, living in the US and married to a Chilean woman. My wife and I were visiting Chile every year and finally, we have decided to move to Chile.
We are buying a house there but we are not sure either to bring all of our household items from our 5 bedroom house in the US or some of it! According to the link below and as per our conversation with Chilean consulate we are free of duty since she is a returning citizen:
https://usgshipping.com/shipping-to...g-to-south-america/shipping-to-chile-from-usa
But we still need to have the customs cleared upon arrival and have a truck to bring our items to our new house? My questions are:
- Assuming we will lose about 15 k to sell the items here, is it worth to just buy new items in Chile and do not go to this hassle?
- Does anyone know a reliable Customs Broker in Chile who can help us with the clearance and delivery from port of Valparaiso?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated,
Vincent

Feb 3, 2019
This is a forum to help people advocate for themselves in consumer disputes, which doesn't seem to be the kind of assistance you're looking for.

You would be better off posting your questions in a group or forum specifically for people moving to Chile. Search for terms like "expats in Chile" or "moving to Chile from US" or similar keywords.