Miles stolen from my account.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 6, 2020
I just discovered that 35,000 miles were stolen from my sky miles account, and used to purchase a digital gift card. This happened about 25 days ago. I called my sky miles credit card, and they told me they could not help; that I needed to call Delta. After call prompt h*ll, I've been on hold for close to an hour.

Any advice for when I do get ahold of anyone? Is there an online place I can report this? I've taken screen shots of where my email and phone were changed in my account (but password wasn't touched), and screenshots of the marketplace purchase.

Thank You

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Yes they are right, you need to contact Delta, this is not a credit card issue. You are best off doing this from the Delta web site. If this doesn't help, then start using our company contacts for Delta, which used to be at the top but now I see they have moved to the side.

You should also change your password on your Skymiles account if you haven't done so since you noticed this issue.

Reactions: Pixie Pie

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
You can escalate this in writing to Delta.

Some do's and don'ts when writing
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite, as that increases the likelihood of success
Do not attach files - their email system may discard your email before anyone reads it
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in the company contacts shown here: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/delta-airlines/
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

And be sure to change your password and contact information . . .

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
You can escalate this in writing to Delta.

Some do's and don'ts when writing
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite, as that increases the likelihood of success
Do not attach files - their email system may discard your email before anyone reads it
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in the company contacts shown here: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/delta-airlines/
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

And be sure to change your password and contact information . . .
I agree, I see we are on the same page here, I still think it's worth going through the normal channels (customer service from Delta.com) first before escalating, since they haven't actually been asked to do anything about the issue yet.

Reactions: R.L. and VoR61
Sep 19, 2015
I agree with Barry in that there should be a phone call ASAP just to lock the account and prevent any more issues.

The hold time may be long as there is bad weather messing up flights.

I think the OP should keep trying on the phone. Does Delta have a call back option?

Reactions: Pixie Pie and VoR61

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
They also have a twitter option, if you link your account with your twitter username. I've used that myself many times, very effectively. Note - you send them a private message, not a public mention. I think you can also initiate a text message support session now from within their app. I still would prefer doing this from their website rather than calling.