Merchandise ordered and paid for but never received.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 9, 2020
I had ordered some merchandise and paid for it with my credit card back in April. Was told March 9th that the item was on its way. I emailed the place I ordered from and said I needed a tracking number not yet provided. They gave me a website I cold not access then a website I could which was USP with a tracking number. I tracked the packed they said the package was in South San Francisco waiting pickup from USPS. This message has never changed from May 9th and still says the same thing. I emailed them again explained this to them, they said it takes a while for them to change the information and it still never has. I asked for their phone number to talk with a live person they didn't have one. I emailed them again and said this packed is obviously not going to arrive they kept saying it would. I emailed again and told them I needed either a full refund or the merchandise ordered they said once the packaged has been shipped that they could not refund me the money or cancel it. Every time I have mailed since they send out the same message telling me to track the package which I have again and again and still the same message. I sent them another email explaining that they are the ones who need to investigate this matter. They send me the same email as before. This Company is called Annie Cloth on my credit card statement it say: ANNIECLOTH ESSEX GBR. I am on unemployment due to COVID-19 and really can't afford to just give my money away, if there is anything anyone could do I would greatly appreciate that. Thank You!

Sep 9, 2018
Did you call USPS and give them the tracking number? Waiting for a company in another country to investigate has proven to be fruitless thusfar. And the longer you wait, the less time you MAY have to do a cc dispute (if necessary). I would try calling USPS, giving them the tracking # and see what they say.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Have you tried going to the post office that supposedly has the package in S. SF? If not, try that first. If nothing materializes, I would file a dispute with your credit card showing them email thread. You should received a provisional credit back onto your account and the bank will reach out to the company to get to the bottom of where the package is. If they do not respond to their inquiry, the bank will make the credit on your account permanent.

Skippy

May 30, 2019
They gave me a website I cold not access then a website I could which was USP with a tracking number. I tracked the packed they said the package was in South San Francisco waiting pickup from USPS.
I had a similar issue with a product purchases from another company. A mailing label was generated, so the package tracking suggests that the package is ready to ship. But it wasn't. The seller didn't have the product yet. (I found out after the fact that the seller was waiting for it to be imported from China.) The seller's policy on the website stated shipping in 2-3 weeks. After 6 weeks & 2 inquiries with no response about delivery, I filed a dispute with my credit card. Got the credit provisionally and later, as a final credit on the dispute.

I suggest something similar here. The company's web site delivery page (https://anniecloth.com/information/Shipping & Delivery) states that delivery time can take up to 22 business days. The OP (Original Poster) is long past that and did not agree to a new delivery timeframe with the company. So my recommendation is to file a dispute today with the credit card company for non-receipt of goods.

Also: Don't mention to the credit card company that you are on unemployment -- just file the dispute. If the credit card issuer knows you are no longer, they could have grounds to cancel your card. (Not that most issuers would, but they could.)

Nov 27, 2019
Go with a credit card chargeback. The online reviews for this company are terrible. When a tracking number says awaiting pickup, that means they've created a shipping label with that tracking number, but haven't actually sent the package. Best case scenario, they're waiting for a shipment to arrive from China, so they can take your item and ship it to you. Worst case scenario, it's just a straight-out scam.

Reactions: Skippy

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I had ordered some merchandise and paid for it with my credit card back in April. Was told March 9th that the item was on its way. I emailed the place I ordered from and said I needed a tracking number not yet provided. They gave me a website I cold not access then a website I could which was USP with a tracking number. I tracked the packed they said the package was in South San Francisco waiting pickup from USPS. This message has never changed from May 9th and still says the same thing. I emailed them again explained this to them, they said it takes a while for them to change the information and it still never has. I asked for their phone number to talk with a live person they didn't have one. I emailed them again and said this packed is obviously not going to arrive they kept saying it would. I emailed again and told them I needed either a full refund or the merchandise ordered they said once the packaged has been shipped that they could not refund me the money or cancel it. Every time I have mailed since they send out the same message telling me to track the package which I have again and again and still the same message. I sent them another email explaining that they are the ones who need to investigate this matter. They send me the same email as before. This Company is called Annie Cloth on my credit card statement it say: ANNIECLOTH ESSEX GBR. I am on unemployment due to COVID-19 and really can't afford to just give my money away, if there is anything anyone could do I would greatly appreciate that. Thank You!
This company claims online to be based in the UK. However, the website looks very much like the many China-based websites that sell inexpensive items online. It is possible that your package actually was shipped from China; if that is the case it would be shipped by ship, not air, and can take 4-8+ weeks to arrive.

It is hard to see how an item ordered and paid for in April could have been shipped on "March 9". Your item may arrive in the next 4+ weeks. If it does not, then you need to file a dispute with your credit card. You need to look at the terms on your credit card and see what time frame you have to file a dispute.

Reactions: Skippy