Marriott Rate Guarantee

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 30, 2016
I am so pleased with Marriott's direct booking rate guarantee. I always prefer to book directly with the hotel or airline - just one less layer of bureaucracy to deal with when something goes wrong. Marriott's website has a guarantee of lowest rates, but if you can find a cheaper one within 24 hours of booking they will honor that rate, plus give an additional 25% off. Marriott was asking $199 for one night at the Marriott Convention Center in Provo, UT on May 17. I knew Travelocity was offering the same room for $179. I booked with Marriott, then submitted an easy online claim form - which promised a response within 24 hours. The next day, I received an email from Marriott, accepting my claim and reducing my room rate to $134 per night. I suppose it would be nice to always be sure that booking directly is going to be the best rate, but it's nice to know that if you do a little homework, you'll be rewarded.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Advocate
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
I am so pleased with Marriott's direct booking rate guarantee. I always prefer to book directly with the hotel or airline - just one less layer of bureaucracy to deal with when something goes wrong. .
Hi Jen - I agree that it would be nice if booking directly always got the best rate (and more hotels are moving towards that) but glad the price promise worked out for you.

The point you make re booking direct with one less layer of bureaucracy is something i think some of the advocates would love to shout from the rooftops. It makes life so much easier!

Reactions: Carrie Livingston

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am so pleased with Marriott's direct booking rate guarantee. I always prefer to book directly with the hotel or airline - just one less layer of bureaucracy to deal with when something goes wrong. Marriott's website has a guarantee of lowest rates, but if you can find a cheaper one within 24 hours of booking they will honor that rate, plus give an additional 25% off. Marriott was asking $199 for one night at the Marriott Convention Center in Provo, UT on May 17. I knew Travelocity was offering the same room for $179. I booked with Marriott, then submitted an easy online claim form - which promised a response within 24 hours. The next day, I received an email from Marriott, accepting my claim and reducing my room rate to $134 per night. I suppose it would be nice to always be sure that booking directly is going to be the best rate, but it's nice to know that if you do a little homework, you'll be rewarded.
WOW! This is fabulous. I've been seeing this guarantee thing on hotel websites but hadn't really followed up on it because I've always booked direct and never price-shopped with an online travel booker. I am delighted to hear that the advice we've been giving forever "book direct, never through an OTB" is both sound and allows you to obtain the best rate. Well done, and thanks so much for telling us your story, Jen.

Reactions: John Galbraith