Marriott/Chase credit card bonus not honored.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 14, 2016
I entered my application on a Chase/Marriott portal page on the web offering 50,000 Marriott points requiring a spend of $2,000 in the first 90 days plus 5,000 Marriott points for additional authorized user. My account received 10,000 points for a reason unknown to me. I have been dealing with the Chase contacts all the way to your final contact lists. They say I came in on a different portal requiring $3,000 spend. This is not true. I have even send them a screen shot of the portal I came through showing the $2,000/90 day/50,000 offer. They say I did not accept this offer, but I did and made the spend as required. Where do I go from here? I have all my letters and replies from Chase.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Was this a "Targeted" offer intended for only you offered by email. Or was this a widely available offer?

How was this offer & link made available to you. I received this very offer in my email and it clearly said it was intended for the addressee only.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2016
Was this a "Targeted" offer intended for only you offered by email. Or was this a widely available offer?

How was this offer & link made available to you. I received this very offer in my email and it clearly said it was intended for the addressee only.
I linked from a third party email I got, then from the offer page that came up. No direct offer to me. However, the final response from Chase is: "The offer you accepted is to receive 70,000 points after spending $3000 within 3 months of account opening." This is just not true...unless the offer page I linked through went to the wrong portal on their end!!!

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
The T & C for the offer I posted above are no longer available, the link is dead.
I do have an offer from 2 weeks ago for a 40,000 offer and that link is still live.
The offer I posted above was a targeted offer sent to my email.

Jun 14, 2016
The T & C for the offer I posted above are no longer available, the link is dead.
I do have an offer from 2 weeks ago for a 40,000 offer and that link is still live.
The offer I posted above was a targeted offer sent to my email.
Yes, I only have the printed copy of the offer page I linked from. They have never once mentioned to me that this was a targeted offer, but from reading your post, it sounds like that is the case. What would be my next step I wonder, sign up for a card in my name (it was my husbands name for the original), destroy the card and cancel the account, ??? Any better suggestions?

Jun 14, 2016
Thank you all for the good info. This has been going on with Chase back and forth since 12/8/2015 and I am tired of it for sure. They really have no idea why they are denying me the points and landed on the excuse that I linked off the page that required $3000. By the time I waited for the points to reach my account and started making inquiries, it was past the 90 days. I offered to charge the additional $1000 right away, but no go! At least I now have a believable reason they are denying the offer I applied for. Again, thanks.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
This is frustrating. If the offer did exist at the time, then Chase seems to take the position you were not eligible. Does it explain why? Was it available to the general public or did you need to be targeted?

Jun 14, 2016
This is frustrating. If the offer did exist at the time, then Chase seems to take the position you were not eligible. Does it explain why? Was it available to the general public or did you need to be targeted?
The exact words in their last letter were: "The offer you accepted is to receive 70,000 points after spending $3000 within 3 months of account opening."
Their statement is just not true. I have a screen print of the offer on the screen I linked from, so it at least existed on that page....maybe not in their web system yet? Who knows.

Last edited:

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
You would have receive info and a welcome package when you received the card along with follow up propaganda during the next two weeks that would have spelled out your offer. Did you save any of that information?
The reason I ask is that the letter is signed by A Marriott executive that is in charge of the Chase/Marroitt loyalty credit card program. It was thru this person I was able to unravel my problem rather than Chase.

Jun 14, 2016
You would have receive info and a welcome package when you received the card along with follow up propaganda during the next two weeks that would have spelled out your offer. Did you save any of that information?
The reason I ask is that the letter is signed by A Marriott executive that is in charge of the Chase/Marroitt loyalty credit card program. It was thru this person I was able to unravel my problem rather than Chase.
I think I still have it. Will take a look. Thank you.

Jun 14, 2016
I think I still have it. Will take a look. Thank you.
I found the page the new credit card was Attached to. No signatures there. Also found some generic booklets of the advantages the card gives me. Thanks for trying.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It really sounds likes you may have applied for a card you were not eligible for. I am still a little unclear on what happened but my understanding is you received an offer for a certain card but when you linked to it, you saw a different offer and applied for it. Is that what happened?

Jun 14, 2016
It really sounds likes you may have applied for a card you were not eligible for. I am still a little unclear on what happened but my understanding is you received an offer for a certain card but when you linked to it, you saw a different offer and applied for it. Is that what happened?
I read about the offer in an email I received, I linked to it, I have a screen shot of the Chase offer link page with the offer I am asking them to honor. I linked to the offer directly from that page. In all their excuses, they have not once said the offer was targeted, just that my application came in on a different offer portal than what I was telling them. It is like I can not get to anyone that is not cutting and pasting me a reply. Even when I went to the top Chase Customer Service contact, it was given to another person to answer with another canned answer. Wow. I am missing my loss of the SPG service already and it hasn't even happened yet!

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
@bnalex time to stop speaking to Chase and starting a conversation with the Marriott executives. You have proof what you applied for and Marriott hired Chase to administer their Loyalty Brand Card.
The bank customer service people have no authority to assist you.