Marriot Room Accessed-Robbed

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 28, 2015
New York
Your home owners will cover this. Did you file a claim?
I don't think he submitted the claim. Certainly it will cover document replacement, electronics may be excluded. I understand the room was burglarized, but the LW should have had the electronic devices in the safe. That may have been burglarized as well, but at least that extra step will make an insurance claim easier and for that reason alone, it is worth it.

As an FYI, I am not familiar with Courtyard, but I have utilized the hotel safe in the lobby several times. It is very secure. Yoy have to key in to a special safety deposit box room, etc.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
I asked this earlier but I will try again. What did the Detective assigned to this about the status of the investigation? I guarantee it will not be difficult to get a pilot's license, etc theft escalated through law enforcement. I imagine you would be in touch with the Detective weekly.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
I don't think he submitted the claim. Certainly it will cover document replacement, electronics may be excluded.
It is not likely that a homeowners policy will cover his items as they are for his business. This is why he should have had business insurance. He can submit claim to them, if he has it.
My BIL had his van covered by his pauto insurance. Not sure if they ever asked him if he used it for business. If they did, he probably answered no, as at the time he did not. He started using it for a small business he had with one client, a bank, wherein he visited the branches and performed maintenance duties and fix it jobs. His van was stolen in Miami, from a motel parking lot. His auto insurance did not pay as it was not stolen from his home and he was in Miami doing business. All his work tools were gone and the Van had been stripped. Even the seats, tires and wheels were gone when they found it.

kenish

Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
Pilot license numbers used to be your SSN! At least the FAA *finally* changed that after years of pressure. @Jason E Jacobs can be a bit thankful he doesn't have that adding to his headaches! I hope he returns to update us...understand the nature of his job may make him incommunicado for days at a time.