Lufthansa Tickets through Travelocity

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
I finally pulled all the credit card info and it is even more confusing. The original transaction on Nov 29 2019 shows $586.05 paid to Austrian Airline, 83 cents to Travelocity and $38.00 to Travelocity. Separate from that on Dec 2 2019 a total of $195.00 was paid to Lufthansa for the round trip seats and luggage. Believe me I will never use a booking company again.
Okay, the charge from Austrian airlines is probably because the flights were sold and ticketed on their ticket stock. The other two Travelocity charges would probably be a service charge for booking through them. Since you were charged for the tickets directly by the airline, if the airline canceled the flights (and you didn't cancel first), per the Department of Transportation, the airline is required to provide a refund.

Follow the guidance in the following post to write Travelocity to ask them to process the refund due to the flight cancellation and DOT rule.

Unfortunately, the problem is they have to submit it to the airline to actually process it back to your credit card, and many of these airlines are not in good financial shape due to the current COVID19 crisis, so they are not responding or delaying refunds. At the same time, you should submit a complaint to the DOT against Austrian Airlines. They will forward your complaint to the airline for a response. The airline has 60 days to respond. Let us know how they respond and we can advise further.

https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/file-consumer-complaint

Reactions: Pixie Pie and jsn55

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The airline is required to refund per DOT rules if a flight touches a US airport. Apparently the flight he is having a problem with is Copenhagen to Vienna so DOT rules don’t apply.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
The airline is required to refund per DOT rules if a flight touches a US airport. Apparently the flight he is having a problem with is Copenhagen to Vienna so DOT rules don’t apply.
I missed that it was the connecting flight that was canceled, but It may still be worth filing a DOT compliant, the airline will still have to respond. Also, the EU regulations would also apply in this case, though that is tougher to get any action on.

May 13, 2020
I submitted a complaint to Travelocity and informing them that I was also submitting the complaint to DOT. The DOT complaint has been submitted.

May 13, 2020
I just received a notice that the Executive Office Computer of Travelocity would not accept my email. DOT had no problem with it.

May 13, 2020
I use Microsoft Outlook for my email activity. The message that I sent was to Travelocity's Executive Office and apparently their computer refused to accept the message. I have never had a problem like that before. Also today I received an email from Lufthansa that my seat has been changed on the return flight from Munich to Boston. My itinerary was to fly from Copenhagen to Vienna and then on to Boston. Since the whole trip was cancelled I have no idea why the message was sent. I am guessing that they are overwhelmed.

May 13, 2020
I did not. The times I did call the only contact was the robot. At the end of the robot call I was old that no human was available.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We gave you the information in post 9 for the contacts. Please start emailing only the contact information and this is how to write:

Sep 25, 2018
The Lufthansa Group does not care about US law and they are refusing to process refunds through travel agencies and they want all requests to go directly through them even if the flight was cancelled.