LOT Polish Airlines not responding to refund requests

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 30, 2020
I am trying to cancel and get refunds for two tickets for flights on LOT Polish Airlines: a Premium Flex one-way from EWR to WAW for June 19, 2020, and an Economy Flex round-trip ticket from BUD to WAW for June 20/27. The Premium Flex is supposed to be fully refundable, and the Economy Flex one is supposed to be refundable after a penalty of 65 euros. Even after the penalty, my refund should be about $1,800.

LOT requires that passengers fill out an online form to receive a refund. I filled out the form for each of the above tickets on April 1 and received e-mail acknowledgement from LOT that they received my form. After that, nothing. On April 30, I again filled out the form for the EWR-to-WAW ticket and again received an acknowledgement. Again, there has been no communication since then. Today I tried to reach LOT's NYC office by phone and waited on hold for more than an hour before giving up.

Do I have any recourse beyond contacting my credit-card issuer, the DC Attorney General (since I live in DC), and the FTC? Thank you for your assistance.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You might have an issue because you should be paying the penalty for canceling on the nonrefundable but if you aren’t getting any response from LOT it might be the only way to get the money back for the refundable ticket.