LG

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 3, 2020
I purchased an LG washer a few years ago and on January 4th my washer did not stop running after the load had finished washing the washer flooded my entire home. I called LG and they told me over the phone they couldn't help me and that I had to pay $100 for an appointment. I then contacted them through Facebook and received a response that they would send someone out to fix my washer however they never showed up. What can I do to get some help from this Company???

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
"A few years ago" does not indicate if the appliance is still under warranty. If it is not under an LG warranty, LG has no responsibility to repair your washer.
If your LG warranty is still in effect you should first contact the warranty service dept.
You can also use these LG contacts:

Reactions: VoR61

justlisa

Feb 12, 2019
I think most appliances have a standard one year warranty. If you didn't buy an additional warranty some credit cards might have extended the manufacturer's warranty - but that's usually just for another year though some do two. If "a few years" is more than the manufacturer warranty, I'd check with my credit card if you know which one you bought it with (and they usually require the entire purchase to be on the card).

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
If it’s out of warranty just call a local repairman to fix it.
I agree, unless there's some reason that LG would take care of this without a charge. Did you buy an extended warranty? Does the credit card you used offer extra protection? As I was just lecturing my poor husband this morning, do not leave the house with appliances running! You just never know.

Apr 30, 2016
There is a hose that provides feedback pressure, according to the wash level you selected, to stop the water filling the tub. If this hose has disconnected the water will not shut off and you will have a flood. I know this from personal experience.