Information from RCCL

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 4, 2019
Manchester England
Hi, I had an accident on a Royal Caribbean ship, Rhapsody of the seas in October 2017. I have asked, for a copy of the report done on my accident several times but have been refused.
They state it is the property of “Royal Caribbean”. The only way they are prepared to let me view it, is via a ”subpoena”. How do I go about obtaining this?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We need more information. What kind of accident and why do you need a copy of the report? Did you ask for a copy when you were on the ship?

We cannot offer any type of legal advice on these forums. You might want to Google how to serve a subpoena or contact an attorney if you plan to sue- the Attorney will be able to handle this for you.

We do have company contacts you can use on top of our pages under cruise lines. You can go up the Corporate ladder by using this thread:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Reactions: VoR61
May 1, 2018
A subpoena is a document issued by a court after being reviewed and approved by a judge. You will need an attorney to navigate this process.

Jun 24, 2019
You need to consult with an attorney right away. There are likely time limits to filing a lawsuit. Your contract with RCCL May limit where you can file such a lawsuit.

Reactions: Neil Maley

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Accident/incident reports are usually not disclosed without an attorney's involvement. Medical records are disclosed to the patient upon written request. Have you requested any medical records related to the event?

As noted above, you may be reaching the end of the statute of limitations to file a suit if that is what you are considering, so you need to consult an attorney very soon.

Sep 19, 2015
Basically you will not get any internal documents from the company other than personal medical records.

A subpoena for documents will never be issued without an underlying court action. You cannot walk into a court and ask for a subpoena without have a lawsuit.

If this is a legal issue you need to consult a lawyer in the proper jurisdiction.

Reactions: VoR61