Icelandair Airlines refund delay beyond 12 weeks

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 22, 2020
What recourse to get my refundable SAGA tickets of $5,200. Cancelled April 11, 2020 and stated 8-12 weeks. Now beyond timeline.

Notified credit card company in early June for dispute but no action as yet. I thought that CC would automatically apply a credit to my account based upon the facts.
Is Icelandair filing for bankrupcy? Should I file a small claims suit?

May 30, 2019
Did I understand your post correctly in that you booked a refundable airfare?

Dec 10, 2018
Who canceled the flight- you or the airline? If the airline canceled and the flight originated or ended in the US you are due a refund. If you canceled you are only due a credit.
Neil, credit only, even if they were refundable tickets, per post #1?

Reactions: Skippy

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Neil, credit only, even if they were refundable tickets, per post #1?
Of course they should have received a refund if it was fully refundable. We need to make sure it was fully refundable.

It also doesn’t sound like the OPs credit card actually filed a dispute and the OP should call the card company again. Some cards require a dispute in writing. OP should have received an acknowledgment in writing from the cc company stating he received a provisional credit as well.

Contact the cc company.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Refundable tix booked directly with Icelandair ... I'd start a letter-writing campaign and send a request every week until something happens. I have a suspicion that their back office is probably getting to your case right about now. Maybe.

For sure you should start monitoring the airline news daily so you're aware of what may or may not be happening with the airline.