I have found it. impossible to get any kind of response to my insurance refund request

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 29, 2020
trip itinerary: xxxxxx
insurance:xxxxxx

Hello.

On 16 January I made reservation for myself and a friend to go to Bologna for a wedding. We were to leave May 26. I also bought insurance for the trip at that time. Well, you know the rest.
I was offered a voucher for the hotel in Bologna and a voucher for the Lufthansa flight. I have received neither. I tried to cancel at the beginning of the Stay in Place directive and have wasted way too many hours trying to talk or at least communicate with Expedia. I have written letters, called , emailed all to no avail. Inasmuch as the trip was for a wedding I do not need to go in a year-even if I could. This is my 80th year, Dearie. Can you help?

I have used Expedia many times in the past for myself and my son ANthony. They are aware that I am a good customer.

That is my compPLAINT.

My question is this: when I began to look for ways to get the refunds I googled-How to get a refund. I received any number of responses, all of whom charged a yearly fee. I have been caught out on those before-being fairly technologically inept. Are any of them legitimate?

Sincerely,

Margaret SImmons

Note- Edited by moderator to remove itinerary and insurance numbers.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
When did you cancel? Did you cancel the trip before Lufthansa canceled the flights?

Insurance coverage begins the day you bought it so the insurance was in effect and is usually non refundable. Some insurance companies are allowing it to be applied towards a future trip but most are not refunding.

Have you been contacted by Expedia? They would be the ones that would get you those vouchers.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
trip itinerary: xxxxxx
insurance:xxxxxx

Hello.

On 16 January I made reservation for myself and a friend to go to Bologna for a wedding. We were to leave May 26. I also bought insurance for the trip at that time. Well, you know the rest.
I was offered a voucher for the hotel in Bologna and a voucher for the Lufthansa flight. I have received neither. I tried to cancel at the beginning of the Stay in Place directive and have wasted way too many hours trying to talk or at least communicate with Expedia. I have written letters, called , emailed all to no avail. Inasmuch as the trip was for a wedding I do not need to go in a year-even if I could. This is my 80th year, Dearie. Can you help?

I have used Expedia many times in the past for myself and my son ANthony. They are aware that I am a good customer.

That is my compPLAINT.

My question is this: when I began to look for ways to get the refunds I googled-How to get a refund. I received any number of responses, all of whom charged a yearly fee. I have been caught out on those before-being fairly technologically inept. Are any of them legitimate?

Sincerely,

Margaret SImmons

Note- Edited by moderator to remove itinerary and insurance numbers.
Well, bless your heart, you were going to Italy for a wedding in your 80th year! I'm impressed. Firstly, under no circumstances "google" this kind of subject. They're all scams. I sense that you know this already. You may not be eligible for a refund. If Expedia has confirmed air and hotel vouchers, they are electronic and you won't actually receive anything except that notice from Expedia. Did you have to take any action when they confirmed the vouchers? I suggest that you review whatever they sent you to be sure it's all settled. The voucher amounts should rest comfortably under your confirmation numbers at Expedia until you're ready to use them. Travel providers are totally swamped with urgent matters and will probably not respond to your requests until things calm down. I don't use online booking services, but some of my colleagues may know exactly how Expedia handles these things. I'd check on their website with your Expedia confirmation numbers to see what's there. When life gets back to normal, nothing will stop you from requesting a refund instead of the vouchers. But right now, I'm sure your request would go to the bottom of the list. Good luck and please don't hesitate to come back with further questions.