hotels.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
I travel a lot and when it comes to online hotel booking websites, hotels.com is (was?) my first choice. I've even made it to their Gold status. Last month I made a reservation for 14 nights at a hotel. I had the option to prepay or pay on site for the same price. So I paid at the hotel. I ended up staying for 13 nights instead of 14 nights. Initially I got credit for all 14 nights from hotels.com. When it came to their attention that I stayed one less night, they didn't remove one credit, but all 14!!! So I don't get any credit for the entire stay, simply for checking out one day early. When I contacted customer service, I was told this is company policy. I find this to be very dissatisfactory. Considering their rewards program awards 1 free night for every 10 nights I paid for, this lack of credits represents one free night (and some). I understand that the night I didn't stay was removed. But not all 14 nights. BTW, I did not get any credit for the stay from the hotel's reward program, because it was booked through hotels.com. So there's no double-dipping.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The program states this:

If you collect Stamps but we later believe that you did not complete your property stay (an “Invalid Stamp”), we reserve the right to remove these Invalid Stamps from your account. This could happen if you cancel your booking or did not check in at the property, which would make the Stamps invalid. Invalid Stamps do not count towards the 10 Stamps you need to redeem a Reward Night.

In addition to the information above, you will not collect Stamps for the following:
1. Bookings made with an affiliate Hotels.com site
2. Bookings made before you joined the Program
3. Package bookings i.e. property + flight
4. Some bookings made using a discount coupon, voucher or code – you will need to check the terms for each of these
5. Bookings made through Group Travel Services
6. Bookings that do not cost

Did you receive any special rate booking this hotel? Also, have you stayed at this hotel before?

The program states this:

If you collect Stamps but we later believe that you did not complete your property stay (an “Invalid Stamp”), we reserve the right to remove these Invalid Stamps from your account. This could happen if you cancel your booking or did not check in at the property, which would make the Stamps invalid. Invalid Stamps do not count towards the 10 Stamps you need to redeem a Reward Night.

In addition to the information above, you will not collect Stamps for the following:
1. Bookings made with an affiliate Hotels.com site
2. Bookings made before you joined the Program
3. Package bookings i.e. property + flight
4. Some bookings made using a discount coupon, voucher or code – you will need to check the terms for each of these
5. Bookings made through Group Travel Services
6. Bookings that do not cost

Did you receive any special rate booking this hotel? Also, have you stayed at this hotel before?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I booked the hotel on the hotels.com website, through the regular booking process, while I was a member of the rewards program. I did not use any free nights or discount codes for this reservation. I actually got the credits for the full stay. When they noticed that I stayed there for 13 nights instead of 14 nights, they removed ALL the nights. Not just one night. The rate was roughly the same each night (around $58/night). There was about a one Dollar difference between some of the nights. I had never stayed at this hotel before.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Expedia owns hotels.com.

Here are the contacts-

And this is how to write to create a paper trail:

May 30, 2019
I think this has to do with fraud. The company has had issues with some people who book a long stay then walk before the stay is complete just so they can get credits for the nights. The OP may been been tagged for this using reason #6 mentioned in Post #2 -- however, this may have been done in error by an overzealous Fraud Prevention Team.

My suggestion is follow Neil's direction in Post #4 with a polite letter explaining that you stayed & paid for 13 nights, had to leave a night early due to unexpected reasons, and that you should get rewards program credit for the 13 nights. Don't be accusatory. Close with a brief sentence along the lines of "Thank you for your prompt consideration. I look forward to continuing to be a Gold member in your program."

Expedia owns hotels.com.

Here are the contacts-

Thank you.

Expedia owns hotels.com.

Here are the contacts-

Thank you very much for giving me the contacts. I sent an email, and the 13 nights that I stayed have been credited to the rewards program.

Sincerely,
Markus Fuchs