hotel refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 10, 2020
Hi Chris
In January I booked hotel in Barcelona for 40th wedding anniversary,long time before covid was known to affect us. I bought non refundable room and was ready to go.
You know what happen in the meantime,
Yet I was holding steady till my flight was cancelled by American Airlines.Now I hear
That Spain will not open hotels till end of June. I assumed I will get my money back as
They cannot provide the service but they are refusing.
What can I do?
Hotel stop answering my,to this point,
Polite emails
Thanks
Jerry Ondrusek (hotel was Eurostars Barcelona design booked through booking.com which claims it cannot do anything about the matter)

May 30, 2019
In addition to the previous questions:
- Are they offering any consideration at all, such as a credit towards a future stay?
- What has been done in writing with the hotel & booking.com? (Do not share actual reservation numbers.)

Reactions: jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is a real shame, had you booked directly with the hotel they probably would have offered you a credit towards a future stay. Perhaps my colleagues will be more creative than I am.