Hertz claims damage, I'm asking for proof, Collection agency isn't responding anymore, what next?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 24, 2020
Possible but considering Paul Stone became the new CEO as of May 2020, I think that's unlikely.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Possible but considering Paul Stone became the new CEO as of May 2020, I think that's unlikely.
The other potentially complicating issue is that you rented from Hertz Canada, which is also in bankruptcy. The bankruptcy process and legal issues are likely very different in Canada vs. the US.

Oct 10, 2015
Just a question. Why would the collection agency not have the obligation to provide proof of the debt. After all they are the ones who want to receive the money. Proof would include the kilowatt hours used, where, and when if it were an electric bill, or would include the details (including where on the car) of the repairs and the information (here, the date) regarding the accident if it were damages to a car.

Sometimes the collection agency owns the debt, sometimes it is collecting in behalf of the original creditor. That doesn't matter when it comes to proving the debt.

No proof, no payment. Do not pay any portion; that would be an admission of owing the debt.

Reply, preferably using snail mail, to every letter. But if they send you essentially the same request or demand at a later date then you may send a photocopy of your same answer as opposed to writing a new letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmb